Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
FlyLeaf Rocks!!
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I didn't read this book yet, but a few people on the site have told me that Lucifer's Hammer is a great book with a lot of aspects of survivalism in it. I'm going to get it at the library as soon as I am finished Oliver Twist :p , but i just wanted to know if it was worth reading, and if I would get anything out of the book that I could apply in a PSHTF scenario.

Much thanks,

SgtPepper

·
Grand Poobah of Sarcasm
3,083 Posts
It's a really good book. I havn't read it in 15 years or so, but I have probably read it 4 or five times. I don't remember it having a ton of survival tips, but it is still a good read.

·
Permanently gone
1,720 Posts
Hey guys, I didn't read this book yet, but a few people on the site have told me that Lucifer's Hammer is a great book with a lot of aspects of survivalism in it. I'm going to get it at the library as soon as I am finished Oliver Twist :p , but i just wanted to know if it was worth reading, and if I would get anything out of the book that I could apply in a PSHTF scenario.

Much thanks,

SgtPepper
Definitely worth reading! It touches a lot on the psychological/political aspects of what happens after TEOTWAWKI occurs. How will certain populations react? How would a small community reacr? A large city?...and so forth..
It delves into some sensible aspects of survival as well as moral ones.
Yes, you can pick up some tips, but you pick up a lot of food for thought as well.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I just read this a couple weeks ago. The big thing it did for me was got me thinking how large and organized unfriendly groups could get. All and all a pretty good book. One of the must reads of the post apocalyptic genre.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts