Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world-news/only-6-coronavirus-cases-actually-21837041

If this study is accurate that means we are sitting at roughly 27 million who either have already had this or have it. The disease guys keep saying we need roughly 60% of the population immune before the risk of anther COVID-19 pandemic is reduced. If the study is accurate, it sounds to me like that 60% will be hit within the next few weeks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
We won't really know until an antibody test is widely available and implemented. Perhaps part of a 2 trillion dollar spending package can be used to ramp up testing rather than going to special interest groups (some of which aren't even open)? Food for thought.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is a good point. I don't really think those tests are going to be relevant. I think by the time they are developed and distributed in large enough numbers to be a factor, we will already be seeing a significant reduction in new and existing cases.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Well I don't know about those numbers, but that is what the government is predicting, that the peak would be in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Six months seems awful fast for 27 million people to be infected.
Not really, considering almost nobody has immunity and the majority of people don't show symptoms or the symptoms are so mild that they don't recognize them as symptoms. These people were walking around passing out the virus and exposing many people to it daily. By the time this thing caught the attention of anybody, there were potentially hundreds of thousands of exposures in the US. It took about two months to go from 1 to 100k confirmed cases. Then it took another 2 weeks to go to almost 500k confirmed cases. That two weeks was during some of the most stringent isolation requirement. Much of the increase can also be blamed on better access to tests, but we don't test everyone. The first month and a half nothing was done on an individual basis. I think many more were exposed during that month and a half, especially since nothing was done to stem the flow of people around the world during the first weeks of the outbreak.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts