Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just registered today from SE Ohio. Just four days without water and electricity (Ike) and an empty propane tank for the grill was enough to start thinking about protecting my loved ones in the event of a "real" occurrence. I live in a subdivision! I have always been interested in the different ways that people live their life, and make an effort to keep learning and loving life. I look forward to your input, information, and enthusiasm. Thanks in advance to you all.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Welcome to our world. I grew up as a survivalist. My folks were into the lifestyle as were my grandparents. My wife thought I was crazy when she married me and like so many spouse thought she could CHANGE me once we got married. We weathered the Atlanta ice storm of 1982 with no power for two and a half weeks. After the first two days we had all her friends over to our house. We had backup power and heat. We also had vehicles that could move on the ice.

Sticke with it. A lot of the converts we made that two and a half weeks went right back to the way they did things before. Make your plans and give yourself realistic goals to reach. prepare for 72 hours and then 2 weeks and then 3 months and so on. You can't do it all at once. When you get discouraged let us know because it is okay to vent here. Stay the course and we look forward to seeing you in the posts.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks so much for the good advice. I am currently working on the 72 hour bags for my hubby and son. It is comforting to know that so many simple things that I don't think about having in the house are helping me to make a quick start in pulling items together for the packs. Each time I add something to the bag and can cross it off the list, I feel a real accomplishment towards completing this first and very basic task in preparation for taking care of my own.....appreciate your encouragement. Thanks again.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My thanks to you for your kind welcome. I already value the site for comments and ideas and just knowing that others are concerned with caring for their own. Thanks again.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks - I am already sensing some peace of mind; every single post has had some useful idea or interesting information. Thanks to everyone!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts