Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Superstore today and bought grocerries because they had a $30 off coupon for a $250 total purchase in the weekend flyer.

While shopping, I noticed they had an in store coupon for 25 cents off each can of generic Spam!

I bought my usual 72 cans and saved $18 on that stuff alone.

A $48 total savings because of coupon use.

Coupons are amoung the survialists' best friends. Put them to use.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Spam, spam, spam, wonderful spam.

That is one heck of a lot of spam. Now, I know why my store cant keep the stuff on the shelf, you are buying it all, ha. I am sure it is probably not the healthiest thing to eat, but it sure taste good in a sandwich when your hungry. I predict it will start tasting a lot better to a bunch of people by this time next year.

Saving money never goes out of style.

·
Knocked Down But Up Again
5,579 Posts
Saving money never goes out of style.
Not in my world, it doesn't.

I treat coupons like a game. It never ceases to amuse me when the cashier has to call a manager over because my coupon use has exceeded the value of the groceries. Sometimes coupons will even enable me to be paid a penny or two to take it out of the store, LOL!

Tell me that kind of entertainment isn't worth its weight in spam!

·
Registered
816 Posts
Not in my world, it doesn't.

I treat coupons like a game. It never ceases to amuse me when the cashier has to call a manager over because my coupon use has exceeded the value of the groceries. Sometimes coupons will even enable me to be paid a penny or two to take it out of the store, LOL!

Tell me that kind of entertainment isn't worth its weight in spam!
I have never had coupon deductions EXCEED the value of the groceries, that would be awesome. I have gotten to the point where it was basically free though.

not too long ago I got a dozen eggs, a bag of chips, $3 worth of tomatoes and $3 worth of mushrooms all for .28
Where do you get most of your coupons, online, or in local papers?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes, coupons are a great way to help you achieve a large stockpile...

I haven't done enough to prepare myself, but I do have a large food and HBA stockpile because of matching sales with coupons.

At some point, I was using the overage from the canned and boxed food to pay for my produce, chicken breast, organics, tea etc, and then donating the canned and box food. Now I'm keeping that, and am trying to make sure I have non-perishables always on hand.

There is a coupon out right now for $1 off any 2 Delmonte Less Salt Vegetables. These run about .80cents at Target. I bought about 50 cans elsewhere though, on sale, and paid .15cents a can.....

·
Banned
647 Posts
I take the money saved from using the coupons, along with the money saved from using store bonus cards, and put it away. So far this year, I have over $900 extra in savings. I will buy store brands and generics, but sometimes, the 'good' stuff comes close in price when on sale plus a coupon, and that makes it worth it to me.

·
Knocked Down But Up Again
5,579 Posts
I get most of my coupons in the local paper. Sometimes I trade with friends, sometimes the companies send them to me.

The grocery store where I work has some awesome loss-leaders that I will take advantage of. Since I'm the first one who finds out what items in our store will be going to be discontinued, I will scour my coupons to see what I have to take the discount to the next level.

I like to call it my shopping game. I don't drink, gamble, do drugs, smoke or do any of the other popular vices; couponing is what floats my boat. ROFL

I'm so boring...

·
Will let you beg for food
793 Posts
I have a wicked coupon for you canadians. It is buy something for $10 or more and get $10 off at marks work wearhouse. Bought a solar flashlight for $2, a head light, the thing that cavers wear for $3, shoe goop for free, and a whole bunch of other useful stuff for $1 average. This coupon is good until dec 24 only and they have a revised coupon on their website with a bunch of exclusions. I of course saved the original and have it so it prints three to a page...they say one per person but I have used 15...pj flannel pants for 4, slippers for $5...basically did my christmas shopping

I also have a $2.50 cent off stayfree products for the ladies, these are on sale at walmart for $2.87 so basically free, I have about 200 packages put away and will be picking them up until the coupon expires at end of jan

and $3 off of any tyelnol product, small tyelnol is $2.97 at walmart so it's free (have about 60 containers...will get more after christmas)

If you would like these please email me at ricepaperheart_at_yahoo_dot_com Just put coupons in the subject line

These are all printable coupons so you can use them as much as you want...but please keep them to yourself...over use gets the coupons cancelled...to my survivalist family I see it as helping the group!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts