Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to a gun show yesterday and saw lots of women buying guns. I was surprised, but I shouldn't have been since I own a Glock and AR15. I just thought I was share that with you. :)

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
My hubby is picking up my first gun today. AR15. I have never claimed any of the guns we owns, but I encouraged him to get this one so I am claiming it. :)

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
I think it's a good trend and an indication that there are more like minded females out there than we imagined. :D:

·
Endure-Adapt-Overcome
332 Posts
I just got my wife her 1st gun, a 5 shot S&W 38 Special. Last weekend we the 1st time she shot it and she did well with it. At ten yards she hit the kill spot more than 75% of the time. I plan to work with her with her gun and one of mine.
I plan to buy her a Ruger 10/22 a youth one. She is a small lady and my ruger 10/22 is a little to big for her. But she has cought the shooting bug.

·
trois pour cent
5,942 Posts
I've had an interest in guns since childhood. My first was a 410 single shot shotgun and I've collected from there.
Wish I had the time to spare I'd love to get training as a gunsmith. It really is fascinating when you take the time to understand how they work. It's so much more than pull-trigger-go-bang.
A gun is a tool, a work of art, a piece of history, a means of putting food on the table and the great equalizer that prevents you from being a victim. :thumb:

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
I've had an interest in guns since childhood. My first was a 410 single shot shotgun and I've collected from there.
Wish I had the time to spare I'd love to get training as a gunsmith. It really is fascinating when you take the time to understand how they work. It's so much more than pull-trigger-go-bang.
A gun is a tool, a work of art, a piece of history, a means of putting food on the table and the great equalizer that prevents you from being a victim. :thumb:
I quite concur with that. It is a piece of history and it is a tool, indeed.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
I was at Gander Mountain a few days ago and even though I would have to find a VERY good deal in their used guns to buy there I always go look through their gun section. I almost died laughing when I saw they had a whole section of pink guns. I mean who would buy a pink gun? But I was talking with one of the gunsmiths and it made sense. Some women feel that they don't know enough about firearms and feel stupid to ask about them. This is one way to make them feel more at ease and give the gift of self reliance to a woman who may be a bit timid. I like it. I doubt if I'm ever going to buy a pink gun, mainly because I have never bought from a dealer but only from private collections, but it's a good idea.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/wisconsin/29437539.html

Tury

·
Registered
327 Posts
I was at Gander Mountain a few days ago and even though I would have to find a VERY good deal in their used guns to buy there I always go look through their gun section. I almost died laughing when I saw they had a whole section of pink guns. I mean who would buy a pink gun? But I was talking with one of the gunsmiths and it made sense. Some women feel that they don't know enough about firearms and feel stupid to ask about them. This is one way to make them feel more at ease and give the gift of self reliance to a woman who may be a bit timid. I like it. I doubt if I'm ever going to buy a pink gun, mainly because I have never bought from a dealer but only from private collections, but it's a good idea.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/wisconsin/29437539.html

Tury
Actually, I'm one of those who would like a pink gun.:upsidedown: Of course, I'm crazy about anything pink and if I could, I'd get a pink car, too!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have a S&W .38 special airweight... my first gun and I LOVE it. Thats the gun that has gotten me addicted. I'll be buying more guns in the near future too, have a planned trip to a gun show this weekend. Although the picture posted above is funny though... I want my guns to be big black and scary. Don't want the bad guy to mistake the fury of the gun. Hubby always says I look cute when I'm pissed anyways so I figure I'll still make the gun look good.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Actually, I'm one of those who would like a pink gun.:upsidedown: Of course, I'm crazy about anything pink and if I could, I'd get a pink car, too!

Nothing crazy about liking a color. I'm not big on semi's but I thought they were cute. The main reason I wouldn't buy one is because I don't buy from dealers, the color certainly makes a person take a second look:). If having pink guns gets more people, especially women, to buy guns, I'm all for it.

Tury

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
the gun club i belong to - right here in Manhattan - has many new female members.
When ever i go to shoot the lanes are occupied by new members - 75% female.

It's really good to see that

·
Registered
678 Posts
think of it this way: It would be a good way to make sure it stayed your gun, not your husband or boyfriends!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts