Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
AFDQ
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why do some people fight so hard to convince others that God does NOT exist? They quote things from magazine articles to 'scientific' research in an effort to convince any and everyone just how enlightened to the 'truth' they are.

Some speculate it may simply be fear. Fear to commit their lives to something greater than themselves. Others will tell you it is only their need to stand out because their own lives are so meaningless.

Whatever the reason, it comes down to faith. If you have no room for faith in something greater than yourself, then you probably have no faith in yourself, your family, your country or in your fellow man. This would lead to an overwhelming need to belittle anything that brings strength, peace and/or hope to others. They have such a feeling of dispair in their own lives they feel a need to try and convince others that they too should be as depressed as they.

But fo those of us that do believe, we can see beyond the words and know that with God in their lives, they would not feel the hole in their souls. They would be happier in having faith and it would show outwardly to everyone they know. Most importantly, they would be at peace within if they believed.

I try to pray for these lost souls but, being weak as I am, I ususally just watch them move closer to eternal wandering.. :cool:

·
AFDQ
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For some. For others, there is no debate as to God. Those that feel the ned to debate, are exactly the ones I was talking about...

·
AFDQ
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why not instead ask why man did something or why? The evil ignorance of man is the cause of any and everything wrong today. Not God.. From dee to thought. Man puts himself in this mess then some try to blame it on God..

God's existance and his plan are not debatable. They are fact to those that believe.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
To debate his existence? Or to debate what he does and how he affects us? Whenever someone uses "God did it" as a answer, I view that as an intellectual dead-end. What's wrong with asking why God did something, or how he did it?
God is the greatest force in the universe and, more importantly, in the affairs of mankind. However, He's not the only force. I believe that He allows bad situations to occur to test our faith. Consider the most faithful man, Job. God did not harm Job but He did allow Satan to harm Job. Satan dared God that Job's faith could not withstand harsh times. Satan lost that "bet."

Reactions: rem243 and thewall

·
Looking ahead
2,178 Posts
Why do some people fight so hard to convince others that God does NOT exist? They quote things from magazine articles to 'scientific' research in an effort to convince any and everyone just how enlightened to the 'truth' they are.

Some speculate it may simply be fear. Fear to commit their lives to something greater than themselves. Others will tell you it is only their need to stand out because their own lives are so meaningless.

Whatever the reason, it comes down to faith. If you have no room for faith in something greater than yourself, then you probably have no faith in yourself, your family, your country or in your fellow man. This would lead to an overwhelming need to belittle anything that brings strength, peace and/or hope to others. They have such a feeling of dispair in their own lives they feel a need to try and convince others that they too should be as depressed as they.

But fo those of us that do believe, we can see beyond the words and know that with God in their lives, they would not feel the hole in their souls. They would be happier in having faith and it would show outwardly to everyone they know. Most importantly, they would be at peace within if they believed.

I try to pray for these lost souls but, being weak as I am, I ususally just watch them move closer to eternal wandering.. :cool:

I would say those who don't believe in the supernatural have more faith in themselves as they have no magical powers or gods to rely on, just themselves. I've often thought of religion as a sort of security blanket for the weak.

And as far as a non-believers life being meaningless I would point out that without the promise of an eternal afterlife a non-believer must cherish and make the most out of each day they have.

·
AFDQ
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, if one still believes that Islam is a religion, then that is mans fault for the mistake. In comparing God and his followers to Satans Legions, one asks a unanswerable question. Those that try so very hard to deny God, are, at the same time, by the very nature of the argument, trying so very hard to find reason for mens faults. Men make their own mistakes.

·
AFDQ
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To have more faith in yourself is foolish. How can any reasonable thinking human believe that they are responsible for anything? Man is weak and ignorant. And without faith, they are at the very bottom because then it includes arrogance.

·
AFDQ
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those that believe know that there are men in this world that will be well versed and they will try their best to convince believers that God does not exist. That is when faith is tested.

Talk will never override faith. Anyone with a faithful heart knows that Satan works through weak souls such as these... Sad really....

·
Looking ahead
2,178 Posts
To have more faith in yourself is foolish. How can any reasonable thinking human believe that they are responsible for anything? Man is weak and ignorant. And without faith, they are at the very bottom because then it includes arrogance.

People are responsible for their own actions. Now, getting them to take responsibility for their actions isn't always easy.

If man is weak and ignorant to the point it becomes a problem then man must do something about that. Identify the problem and seek a solution. If weak then build up strength, mentally/ physically. If ignorant then educate himself.

To have self worth and faith in oneself is not arrogance.

·
AFDQ
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What would work is, if yu do not lilke or agree with that which is posted, if what is posted is obviously meant for those of like beliefs, then move on to the next post and leave it alone... That way we all get our freedoms without others belittling our beliefs.

·
Looking ahead
2,178 Posts
So if someone posts rubbish that you disagree with will you ignore it and move on to the next thread or is this proposed action for just a select group of people.

I fail to see how censoring people allows everyone their freedom.

·
AFDQ
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I often ignore those I do not agree with and pass up those threads because ignorance isn't worth my time. I find, after living as long as I have, that arguing with most is about as big a waste of my time as there is. I do get caught up occasionally but I prefer to just move on.

I have spoken out waaay too much on religion and politics here. Some of the discussions have been fun. But, I am find a mean spirit in many on this thread that I do not care to explore. Mean is easy in the safety of ones own home and I find discussions with these types just encourages them to be bold online instead of going into the world and actually growing a pair and saying the mean and ignorant things to someones face.

But, back to the subject. I don't agree with censoring for the most part. If it is personal attack, I ignore or punch in the face. If it is genral discussion, I simply move on due to the waste factor...

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Athiests /secularists /satanists/ agnostics/ etc./ have a point when they say that Christians (in general) fight and ram theology down peoples' throats to get their points across. I don't believe that major effort is generally required to "make a point", "win an argument", or "save souls". If one of us is trying to substantiate a position, then it needs to be done as best as possible without personal jabs, name calling, ruffled feathers or other such problems.

State what you have to say, and let the Spirit do His work, if He indeed choses to do so. Our work is outlined pretty clearly. The fighting is something reserved for those who would claim to be of the Faith, and are found to be actively working against it to the detriment of other believers either watching from the sidelines, or participating unknowlingly. The unbeliever is acting according to his nature. We must do the same, and that doesn't include smacking them down. What a wonderful way to call them over to our place... hit them on the side of the head and say, "Hey, sinner! Idiot! You suck. Come over and join us!"

The contention between believers and unbelievers should only be a one-way street. Correct through explanation, if you must (and we don't always have to....). Don't get involved in spats. It reflects badly on us, and diverts us from our paths.

The strangest things happen when our work is done right. People convert. Some return to the faith. You know how your work is to be done. Do it. The bulk of it will go completely un-noticed, until it is complete. Then comes the party!! Just relax. You'll be pleased with the outcome in the end. :)

·
Haha
3,407 Posts
I usually move on until some person decides to make stupid statements and troll me to come and make a post. Did you make this thread looking for only Christians to respond or did you do it to hear from those you dislike and wanted to attack?

-Cade

1 - 18 of 18 Posts