Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A close friend of mine who lives in northern California has a daughter who is twenty. She was on a camping trip with a few friends and while on a small hike she was attacked by a swarm of hornets. She ran away and in the process of getting stung well over 50 time she realized that she was alone and without her backpack. All she had was her water bottle, some matches and a whistle. Luckily her older brother and 10 or so of his friends ( all of whom grew up in that area and know the woods fairly well) went looking for her and her brother heard her whistle. Even without the basics she managed to get saved with a small amount of knowledge. Just wanted to share a positive survival story, this happened a few days ago, around the first of the month.

·
DRUNK CHICKS DIG ME
407 Posts
Glad to hear she didn't panic and run further into the unknown (for her)

The whistle is a great tool. I tell all my friends to carry that and a bottle of water whenever they go for "a walk" in the woods. even for a a short walk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.