Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I have a hard time believing it took 6 days, look at katrina the idiots were stealing TV's the next day on camera no less. Here it'd depend on where you live, cities it'd be just as soon as they realize the police are gone or busy. Rural areas it'd be a while, once the best buy is picked clean then they'd venture outside of town until they started getting shot.

·
Registered
969 Posts
In most of the big cities.......within the first ten minutes.

In the suburbs, a couple of days,maybe....and most of the looters will likely be from the bigger cities, looking for bigger and better loot and someone to victimize.

In rural areas, probably not at all........because the looters know their asses will be killed in the process.

Note: If you do shoot at a gang of looters.....make sure you have enough ammo and don't let the rest of the group escape..........they will be back.

Once attacked, hunt down your attackers and dispose of them....its the only way to assure they won't be back, or vitimize others in the same way.

I will have no mercy on looters.

EDIT: And, I don't give a rats ass what you or anyone else thinks of my opinion.;)

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
In most of the big cities.......within the first ten minutes.

In the suburbs, a couple of days,maybe....and most of the looters will likely be from the bigger cities, looking for bigger and better loot and someone to victimize.

In rural areas, probably not at all........because the looters know their asses will be killed in the process.

Note: If you do shoot at a gang of looters.....make sure you have enough ammo and don't let the rest of the group escape..........they will be back.

Once attacked, hunt down your attackers and dispose of them....its the only way to assure they won't be back, or victimize others in the same way.

I will have no mercy on looters.
If you live in the suburbs and work in conjunction with your neighbors on both sides of the street you could get a decent crossfire going against any looters. However with the drywall and press board constructions of most houses remember concealment does not equal cover.

·
Retrofitted Sheeple
30,239 Posts
Loot what? Even if you found some valuable merchandise that wasn't destroyed in the earthquake in an untouched shop or house somewhere, and even if you had some place to bring it that wasn't also destroyed in the earthquake, you or someone that matters to you is probably too busy bleeding or trying to move with a broken limb to steal anything. Of course it took nearly a week for looting to really become a blip on the radar.

·
Banned
828 Posts
Im sorry but if some huge disaster happens, and looting is inevitable. Ill def be going to my neighborhood Costco and looting the crap out of the waters/ foods/ cereals/ cans/ maps/ and anyother literature I can use that they have.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/americas/01/18/haiti.earthquake/index.html?hpt=T1

The article says it took 6 days for the looting to start. How long do you think it would take here?

I was surprised that it says they aren’t taking food. Is that because they are being given food as charity?
The press / media are a lot like water in crisis situations.

Each will be about as good as the filtration system you pass them through.

Both are usually contaminated with fecal material.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Im sorry but if some huge disaster happens, and looting is inevitable. Ill def be going to my neighborhood Costco and looting the crap out of the waters/ foods/ cereals/ cans/ maps/ and anyother literature I can use that they have.
Don't be surprised when the backround of someone's scope reticle looks a lot like your shirt. I come here to support preparation, readiness and team work. Those contributing to the chaos will need to be put out of our misery.

Setting aside the game boy, the bong and the excuses will enable you to take responsible action when the time comes. Or, we have all been wrong all this time. The right way is to just loot the nearest store. Gee. Where were you before I spent all this money on preps?

·
Banned
828 Posts
Don't be surprised when the backround of someone's scope reticle looks a lot like your shirt. I come here to support preparation, readiness and team work. Those contributing to the chaos will need to be put out of our misery.

Setting aside the game boy, the bong and the excuses will enable you to take responsible action when the time comes. Or, we have all been wrong all this time. The right way is to just loot the nearest store. Gee. Where were you before I spent all this money on preps?
I have disaster preparedness. Ive sent 600+ on my ****. I am saying if looting is inevitable; you know its gonna happen. no government to stop it, people are going to loot the stores and city. I would want to take what I needed before. If have two garbage bins full of supplies. 6 more water cases and extra canned food sure wouldnt hurt. Set aside the booze, and the ignorant thinking old man. Yeah I can talk **** too just like you. If all hell breaks loose, you can chill with your supplies and exhaust them out. I would rather exhaust other resources first. Once AGAIN this if the looting was inevitable there was going to be looting. When you finish your supplies over the next few months I wont even be tapping into mine if something happened. Now would if some distaster happened would I be running into a store and grabbing flat screens and stupid junk...hell no.

·
Weed 'em and reap
31,316 Posts
http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/americas/01/18/haiti.earthquake/index.html?hpt=T1

The article says it took 6 days for the looting to start. How long do you think it would take here?

I was surprised that it says they aren’t taking food. Is that because they are being given food as charity?
So all the reports of looting right out of the gate were false? :rolleyes:

If it took 6 days for the looting to begin, then there were a lot of people hallucinating looters for the first 5 days.

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts
I noticed on one of the sides in the link Declan listed it said the mobs were lynching looters.

I found that interesting.

·
Registered
9 Posts
There is a gentleman at work whose entire family is in Haiti. They live on the outskirts of Port-o-prince and have had their home collapse. He has talked with his family and they said what they need more than anything is water and food. He said the relief efforts are there but not getting to the people yet. He is also afraid of trying to send them cash because of the same thugs who are looting.

I can't blame someone who "loots" water and food but stopping for a new 32 inch LCD kinda changes things in my book.

·
Set Free
1,352 Posts
When I lived in S, Florida there were Haitians on my construction crew and during discussions with them they told me that yes Haiti was a poor and impoverished nation. But that stealing was not looked upon very kindly in Haiti . They said if you were caught stealing you would lose a finger or a hand as a deterent to stealing and there was less theft there than in the US. I cannot verify these statements but found them interesting. Those Haitian men were very good workers and concientious, but they did lack some knowledge and common sense. They were not lazy or gangsters unlike some of the men from other islands in the area.

Yes there was some nice looked weapons some of the Police were brandishing in the slideshow and the machettee' looked wicked also not like the cheap ones around here that last a days worth of work made in china pieces of sh%t.

I am under the belief that china has a full out assault on the US by sending cheap products that break after three times of use to cause economic hardships and a general lack of quality tools and items needed for everyday life.I wonder if they make good items for their own use and make crap to specifically to export as a way to screw other nations.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Nimmer, I think your statement about China sending us cheap products is true. I really try to find products that are not made in China, because they do bust after so many uses. But, I do think that a lot of people in the US like that or would not spend any more money on a quality product

I also have been finding USA products that should go thru some quality control before they send them

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.