Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
TEXAS!!!
7,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just an example of how little it takes to start looting, there is a tanker fire in Lincoln CA (Just north of Sacramento). Residents (around 10,000) have been evacuated from an area .5 mile radius of the fire. Looting has started there already.

I live only about seven miles from Lincoln and I'll tell you what, a couple of years ago, this wouldn't have sparked looting in that area. Nowdays, it's an excuse to loot. Even a distant suburb is susceptable to looting. Don't think your safe in the "burbs"!

·
Registered
798 Posts
Just an example of how little it takes to start looting, there is a tanker fire in Lincoln CA (Just north of Sacramento). Residents (around 10,000) have been evacuated from an area .5 mile radius of the fire. Looting has started there already.
And the police are where?

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,679 Posts
Post up some news links or pictures when they are available. tks

·
Always have an exit
3,711 Posts

I live only about seven miles from Lincoln and I'll tell you what, a couple of years ago, this wouldn't have sparked looting in that area. Nowdays, it's an excuse to loot. Even a distant suburb is susceptable to looting. Don't think your safe in the "burbs"!
Sad indeed, as a kid I would go to Lincoln Portuguese picnic each year, mostly farmers and ranchers and always a safe place. I grew up in Ophir and it still does not have a store.

·
TEXAS!!!
7,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is a link. Funny that the Sac Bee, being the liberal rag that it is, doesn't mention looters:rolleyes:. However, my Cousin and my wife both work for CHP and both have called me at work to tell me about the looters.

My cousin (Leutenant/CHP) didn't know how close I lived to Lincoln, and called me to warn of looters in the area.

I can not divulge my wifes job, other than to say it's the most reliable source for information of this nature.

Frikkin' Commiefornia news.:mad:

http://blogs.sacbee.com/crime/archives/2011/08/train-propane-c.html

·
TEXAS!!!
7,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sad indeed, as a kid I would go to Lincoln Portuguese picnic each year, mostly farmers and ranchers and always a safe place. I grew up in Ophir and it still does not have a store.
I go out to the gun club there once in a while. Not a bad place, that's what surprised me about looting. Police are quietly trying to keep a handle on it from what I'm told.

·
Always have an exit
3,711 Posts
I go out to the gun club there once in a while. Not a bad place, that's what surprised me about looting. Police are quietly trying to keep a handle on it from what I'm told.

Good, I have 2 cousins that went to Auburn and stayed with Family. The whole northern part has changed. When I retired from the Army I wanted to go back but could not. I visit, go to the American river, Folsom lake, Bear river and up to Forest Hill.

·
TEXAS!!!
7,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good, I have 2 cousins that went to Auburn and stayed with Family. The whole northern part has changed. When I retired from the Army I wanted to go back but could not. I visit, go to the American river, Folsom lake, Bear river and up to Forest Hill.
Forest hill, Auburn, Colfax...... All really beautiful country. If you ever get back again, you should take a trip down Yankee-Jims road! Breathtaking scenery!

Hey!!! I just hijacked my own thread! :p :D:

·
Always have an exit
3,711 Posts
Forest hill, Auburn, Colfax...... All really beautiful country. If you ever get back again, you should take a trip down Yankee-Jims road! Breathtaking scenery!

Hey!!! I just hijacked my own thread! :p :D:

lol.... If you get a chance read Yankee Jim’s, Memories of a Boyhood,” by Harold E. Henderson.

Also noted is the Chinese labor never received any credit. I do love that part of the country.

·
Banned
2,161 Posts

If I had a nickel for every day I spent up and down the AR and Folsom Lake growing up Id be Warren Buffet rich!!

I rarely get back to CA anymore, its such a shame whats happened to my home state.

·
TEXAS!!!
7,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just spoke with another person here on the base who lives near there, he said there is some looting going on, but the police have it under control.

Tobkis, I think I might just do that. :)

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
They loot we shoot, works for me.
When I went through the rice canyon fire of 2007 one of the guys in my area (the hardest hit) had a sign 'Looter's will be shot!" the police made him take it down or have charges for inciting a riot, threatening behavior.

·
Remember The Alamo
4,570 Posts
When I went through the rice canyon fire of 2007 one of the guys in my area (the hardest hit) had a sign 'Looter's will be shot!" the police made him take it down or have charges for inciting a riot, threatening behavior.
That's freedom of speach, he should have told them to stick it.

I have put all kinds of signs in my yard just to **** off some in this town, never told to take any of them down.

·
TEXAS!!!
7,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's freedom of speach, he should have told them to stick it.

I have put all kinds of signs in my yard just to **** off some in this town, never told to take any of them down.
I absolutely whole heartedly agree with you AND your right to freedom of speech!

My thing with signs, bumper stickers, etc. is OpSec. I don't WANT anyone to know I'm armed, have an opinion, etc. If a looter wants to risk themselves around my place, they'll just have to be surprized by the holes punched in their chest. I'll give no warning!

Not only that, local police would be alerted that you are armed. Probably not a good idea!

·
Registered
639 Posts
Anyone heard any updates on the story? I read they were going to try to hot tap the tanker to empty it, it seems to me that if they can't get the heat under control that might just accelerate the BLEVE problem...

·
Banned
19,284 Posts
WHAT?!?!?!? Mine was up for MONTHS!!:) I put it up after I had to discourage some Mexican looters.:taped::( I think the cops fed them to the Mississippi, along w/ dozens more.:eek: We might be next door to N.O., but we don't cotton to that crap 'round here...:thumb:

(yeah, yeah,I know. I'm big internet Rambo man, but see what looting me will getcha. ;) )

·
Registered
5 Posts
I like this thread and everyone in it! I see the tipping point arriving quickly. From the recent flash mobs to the extreme rhetoric of the left it's coming brothers (and sisters).
I agree with the OPSEC statement. I'd rather not make my home, family, self a target by declaring that I'm prepared. That just makes the scum think you have something they want.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts