Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
medium rare...
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

A friend gave me a "LoopRope" as a gift last month. This unique product rocks. I have used it in so many ways/things/tasks at home and outdoors, and I would highly recommend it.

I know most of the basics in knot tying, but I guess when SHTF, we don't have much time tying knots especially if we're always on the go on this kind of situation. And it sucks to cut down our para-cords just to use a few feet or so.

LoopRopes are constructed of doubled up 1/4" Heavy Duty shock cord. They come in 3 foot, 4 foot and 5 foot lengths. Want a 10 footer? Then just buy two 5's and link them together. It's that simple.

Each LoopRope comes with two Military Grade stainless steel S-Clips. Additional carabiners are available for purchase. LoopRopes are available in a multitude of colors.
Here's a few images of its uses from their website: http://www.looprope.com

This will definitely be my para-cord's buddy inside the house and inside my BOB when SHTF.

I'm not in anyway related with the company. I just thought that a great gear should be shared to other people, especially SB guys whom I know would see this rope as a tool, not just another rope in your garage or BOB.

Burn

·
medium rare...
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
They have videos of its uses on their site too:

http://www.looprope.com/video.html

I already e-mailed the owner/founder of LoopRope, just saying how great and useful his product is. I'll try to invite him to join us here in SB so we could ask other questions if some of you might be interested on this rope.

·
Opinionated old fart.
8,046 Posts
Great, another "revolutionary" gadget intended to replace skill or (what used to be) common knowledge. I do not trust bungee cords. In my opinion, if you dont know how to tie a knot, you have no business owning a boat or driving a truck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My friend always asks me why it matters that I know my knots. I simply reply with...sure anyone can tie something down nice and tight, but if you know the best knots to use, you can tie it down just as good with a heck of a lot less rope.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Amen, agelaus. It always drove me nuts working in the forest service and Army to watch the ignorant cut through my hitches and bowlines, instead of simply untying them. The attitude is "why bother?" when I try to teach the basics saddens me.

*edit* That being said, I have nothing against items that quick and easy to use. I just think they should supplement, not replace basic skills. The same applies to tools live V-slicers and Food processors. Handy, but no substitute for basic knife-wiork.

·
Registered
265 Posts
That looks very useful, but I'm not paying $20 for a 4 foot bungie chord.

As to the "nay-sayers", bungies don't replace tying knots, they just give you more options than just tying a knot. I always have rope and a few bungies under the seat.

·
Registered
965 Posts
yea probably are time when it would be useful but i like just having a ton of paracord and knowing my knots, plus the more i use them the better i get at them and i trust them more than some bungee cord.

·
medium rare...
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh come on, it doesn't intend to replace anyone's knot tying skills, nor para-cords. i think it can work well with para-cords or other ropes that we usually use. and as i've said, though i haven't experienced being in a shtf situation, i think we don't have much time tying knots when we're on the go changing locations every now and then especially when we're buggin' out.

i know it's a bit expensive for a short utility rope, but hey, i'm lucky i got mine as a gift.

·
Registered
5 Posts
oh come on, it doesn't intend to replace anyone's knot tying skills, nor para-cords. i think it can work well with para-cords or other ropes that we usually use. and as i've said, though i haven't experienced being in a shtf situation, i think we don't have much time tying knots when we're on the go changing locations every now and then especially when we're buggin' out.

i know it's a bit expensive for a short utility rope, but hey, i'm lucky i got mine as a gift.
I guess I should have added that I did think they were pretty cool. Though, I wouldn't use them as a bungee cord. I like the pictures where they were being used as a "rack" for gear.

Amen, agelaus. It always drove me nuts working in the forest service and Army to watch the ignorant cut through my hitches and bowlines, instead of simply untying them.
One thing that really gets on my nerves (but shouldn't) is watching people load things that don't know good knots. Drives me insane to watch them go back and forth wrapping the object, then tying a huge knot that will take forever to undo, then wrapping some more just for good measures followed by a second huge knot. BLARG! irritates me just thinking about it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Burn, Thank you for being a LoopRoper even if it was a gift. You will not leave home without it. For other naysayers, it's not just a bungee cord, a 5 footer is 10 bungee cords that wont lash back at you, never tangle and go from vehicle to raft, ATV etc to your backpack then to a clothesline at camp. There is no single cord that accomplishes all of this as QUICKLY as LoopRope.

BuoyRope is just another way to use your LoopRope. Once you use LoopRope you will not use anything else, I guarantee it!

·
Registered
4 Posts

Hey Burn, If you just go buy the clips by themselves you will be close to $10. Check REI for those. Then you still have to buy 10 bungee cords and you still would not be able to do what one 5' LoopRope can do.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts