Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
I have nothing to say
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A guy I know can get food grade plastic buckets in a 4 gallon size for a buck a throw. That's good enough to build up my water storage.

I had a 55-gallon blue food grade barrel back in my last place, but you can't move it. It weighed 400 some odd pounds! These are small, square, fairly light, etc.

It occurred to me that they would be great for putting up rice, beans, nuts, whatever. I'm going to ask him to pick up another dozen for me this week. 12x4=48 gallons of water, which will do for me and my old lady for about 10-12 days.

It would be nice to find a place that sold beans in bulk that was cheap enough to justify buying 4 gallons of blackeyed peas at a time. Same with White Northerns. And lentils.

·
Behind Enemy Lines
776 Posts
If you ever want bulk, look at a store called BJ's or Sams Club.

But 12 4 gallon buckets would be good. Like you said, they are light so you can transport to instead of that being a central area as if you used a 55 gallon.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to use them for rice/beans etc. Might have to look into that for myself. Still making a list of everything I need.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts