Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Our founding fathers fought a violent & bloody rebellion over a 1 cent tax on their tea. I wonder what their advice would be about this?

·
My Temperature is Right
5,578 Posts
There is nothing unreasonable about that agreement.

That agreement has nothing to do with HR2751 (S510.)
I think there is a sizable contingent here that feels that this is America and we should be able to do anything we want to regardless of how it impacts others, because we are free. Taking away our right to do unto others is a bad thing. Of course until it happens to them, then the government ought to do something about it.

Some folks cant grasp the difference between produce, and packaged or processed produce. Some farmers are getting a better price for their produce by by-passing the packing house and processors and selling bagged salads and preserved produce and condiments. S510 just forces these small processors conform the same levels of accountablity as the rest of the packing industry. If you're doing under $500000 a year in business the law does not even apply. When there is a problem the USDA wants lot numbers and production records. I realize it's nice to be able to throw up your hands and say "it was ok when I shipped it", but very few in the food industry have that ability, and as the last 20 years have borne out bottom feeders have no problem jerking the system to steal a few bucks more regardless of who they have to hurt to do it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts