Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would like to try hammock camping but don't want to go in for a Clarke or Hennesey at first.

Mosquito netting is a must. I am leary of "military type jungle hammocks."(would need specific brand/model details for recommended types)

If anyone has input regarding entry priced mosquito hammocks like Byer or has info on rigging a moquito bar/net for use with a hammock I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks-

-------------------------------------------------
NEVER FORGET

·
Registered
291 Posts
entry priced mosquito hammocks
Spend your money on a good quality hammock, then go to wally world and buy several yards of mosquito net and some velcro.
A little glue and thinking outside the box will get you a perfect system for not much $.
Making it look good may take a while. I make camping hammocks myself but have yet to come up with a net system that looks really cool without copying someone elses design.

·
canadian camper
92 Posts
i have a hammock village double hammock{parachute}. bought a mossy net for a couple dollers. bought a 6-8 blue tarp and some cheap rope. every thing added up it cost 21.54 canadian so it would cost you less if ur from the usa. not to bad got it at the start of summer took on about 9 trips and had a good time and a good night rest.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info....do you guys have any pics or more information on rigging the netting so that the setup is "bug proofed".

Thanks again,

·
I Love Guns
317 Posts
a good website that i like alot and may help u to find a setup u like it

SGT Rock's Hiking HQ

great site and he is big on hammock camping ...he got me hooked....check it out

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
1 thing i dont like about hamics is the fabric thends to flaten out at night sleeping bag wise and it gets cold when that happens

·
Banned
651 Posts
Hennessey is popular but most all models (except for the one that has to be American, contractually for the US military ) are Chinese. HH is less than forthcoming in admitting this and IMHO should be avoided.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mosquito Hammock

IMHO the only way to go is mosquitohammock.com. The Jungle Hammock is $150. Excellent marterials, quality, design.

I bought the Jungle Hammock a few years back and it's great. Everything in a hammock I could want at half the cost of a Hennesey New Survivor or a Clark Camo North America.

I'm 6'4", weigh about 300# and have never been uncomfortable in this hammock. I did add a couple of tent poles as stretchers becasue I like the more open feeling.

The bottom is two layers, so when it's cold out, I add an old coleman sleeping bag in the pocket and then I am double insulated on my rear end.

·
infowars.com
421 Posts
this is a great little kit i use always worked for me but head the warnings he give you i was in mine and had a little problem with a mountain lion

very scary you are sort of helpless in a hammock but no bears or dangerous animals around go for it it is a two part video and all his vids are very informative

1 - 10 of 10 Posts