Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am looking for like minded persons such as myself, perferably Veterans. who live in or near wilderness areas, That are like me tired of the GP. I come home from over there to find wife, home and money gone, I have a particular skill set that does me no good in the real world, so i would use it to live off grid some where and would be nice to have reliable people around, if one knows what i mean

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank You!
If you know of any (security) minded persons Looking for a hired hand for lack of a better term please let me know, I Love my country just not whats happening with it right now, would love to live in the middle of no where, grew up on ranch in NW Montana so being in the wild areas is nothing new.

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
Hello Top Sgt, welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Hello, I am looking for like minded persons such as myself, perferably Veterans. who live in or near wilderness areas, That are like me tired of the GP. I come home from over there to find wife, home and money gone, I have a particular skill set that does me no good in the real world, so i would use it to live off grid some where and would be nice to have reliable people around, if one knows what i mean
You should look at some places that have land super cheap. I'm personally looking at Klamath County, Oregon-lots of small plots that are the legacy of years ago homesteading pushes, that can be had for a few thousand. You don't want hookups like electricity, that will drop the price. Lots of water, and forested too. Sparsely, though, so pot growers aren't interested. I'm sure if you poked around some rural Craigslist boards you'd find others. Nevada is actually quite expensive-anything with a spring will be off the charts if you don't have cash. I saw an ad for a plot near Lovelock that had a spring 30 feet off the property line, guy wanted $12k for 41 acres-on a mountainside, with virtually no sage. One guy was selling a plot in Crescent Valley, NV, for $3500, had a home but no water.

Oh yeah, and I'm sorry that your wife left you. Sux big time. You're better off without her anyway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts