Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Would prefer independent writers that have stuff on Amazon since I usually read on kindle but I will read online as well. I’ve read all the one second after, 77 days in September, lights out, going home series, and pretty much everything related from that time period etc... looking for something newer, maybe published in the past 5 years, can be zombie or post apoc or modern, just something to kill the time. Yes I’ve gone through the posts but it’s 99% the same books and I’ve read most of them.

Any recommendations?

·
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I used to read a lot of the fiction posted on SB but when people post a chapter at a time in the forums, you have to read through like 30 messages between each chapter and it gets old so I gave up trying that on here years ago. I did one recently that was all in blog form and it wasn't bad.

·
Registered
Packed and Ready
320 Posts
Not sure what you mean by new, but here are 5 that I like.

Yellowstone series by Bobby Akart
SHTF series by L.L. Akers
The Rule of 3 trilogy by Eric Walters
The Survivalist series by Arthur T. Bradley, PHD.

This one is not really a series, but they have overlapping characters and stories.
Author is James Wesley, Rawles
Titles are Survivors, Patriots, Founders, Expatriates, and Liberators

·
More than .0001%
1,404 Posts
Wife and I like Angela White LAW (Life After War) series. It’s purely entertainment out there in some areas but otherwise somewhat realistic. She’s finished 15 books in the series and like a lot of e-books on Amazon the first one or two are free with the majority less than $5 each. If you buy groups ie 4-6 as one buy they are a little lower in cost. Here is her web page Home of Angela White

·
Registered
172 Posts
I am on #9 of the Life After War series right now and have enjoyed them all. Slow Burn by Bobby Adair is also a good series, not for sure how many is in the series. 9 at least. Not for sure if anyone likes true crime books but M. William Phelps books are good also

·
More than .0001%
1,404 Posts
I am on #9 of the Life After War series right now and have enjoyed them all. Slow Burn by Bobby Adair is also a good series, not for sure how many is in the series. 9 at least. Not for sure if anyone likes true crime books but M. William Phelps books are good also
I have Slow Burn downloaded but have not started reading it yet. I’ll start tomorrow... thanks!

·
Super Moderator
12,196 Posts
If you would like to try any of mine, PM me with your email and I can send a .pdf file of two or three for free. If you have a specific type of disaster, I probably have one about it. That way you would not have to pay anything to try them to see if you like my writing style.

Just my opinion.

·
Tested in the Wilderness
6,656 Posts
The newest post apocalyptic fiction I have read was printed in 2013 by a member here named Watch Ryder although he does or used to go by other names such as his author name. It seems like he is not even trying to sell anymore of his books and he also seems to have disappeared without any contact even to me. I like his first book, especially chapters 4 and 5 since they are base on real places and a couple small towns in Wyoming. Even the main character is based on a real guy who I won't tell but if you read the first page of this book you might get a good idea.

There is also a volume 2 titled "the Golden Odyssey" which people must buy if they like the first book but here is the full first book although easier to read if you can find it on Amazon which there should still be a very few left. I like his writings but especially this one titled the "Mountain Hold" >

Attachments

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
Just finished 2034, Ackerman/Stavridis 2021. Riveting future history of WWIII with China, Russia & Iran. Doesn't go well for us; a true heads up. Warfare pivoted away from our traditional strengths while we weren't looking. Sure hope they're passing this one around the Pentagon.
Next up,
The Rule of Three, Walters 2014. "A person can last 3 minutes without air, 3 days without water, 3 weeks without food." Had it recommended to me, we'll see.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts