Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wolf Gold from Sportsmanguide is currently one of the best deals I'm seeing.
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/wolf-gold-223-ammo-fmj-55-grain-1000-rounds?a=1581231

(they sell it in smaller lots than this,too.)
My first reaction was "oh damn, I don't have that many targets to shoot" haha.
Now obviously I know there's a difference in shooting 5.56 and .223, but is there a "real" difference in shooting the two?

By the way, is Wolf Gold decent enough to use as defensive ammo?

·
Registered
None of your business.
3,607 Posts
Now obviously I know there's a difference in shooting 5.56 and .223, but is there a "real" difference in shooting the two?

Wolf Gold is FMJ.....so maybe not considered a 'defensive' round by LEO standards but works well enough for our military.

·
ΙΧΘΥΣ
9,746 Posts
Keep an eye out on http://www.gunbot.net. Also, you can save some by going with remans at Freedom Munitions. Finally, I've bought a lot through BulkAmmo.com. They have really good specials from time to time.

·
... --- ...
14,874 Posts

Yes, according to the AR junkies on ARFCOM, it's very good ammo. And virually ANY .223/5.56 ammo that fires reliably in your rifle, is more than adequate in a HD situation.
And, 5.56 is normally higher pressure than .223. Any rifle chambered for 5.56 can safely fire .223, but it's generally acknowledged that you shouldn't fire 5.56 in rifles chambered in .223, but for the few rifles out there where the manufacturer says it's ok (the CZ527 comes to mind.)

·
Beer Truck Door Gunner
30,718 Posts
Wolf Gold from Sportsmanguide is currently one of the best deals I'm seeing.
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/wolf-gold-223-ammo-fmj-55-grain-1000-rounds?a=1581231

(they sell it in smaller lots than this,too.)
Same place, better ammo, almost same price price. 34 cents for 55gr FMJ is a solid buy price.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/prod...u-223-556x45mm-55-grain-fmj-bt-ammo?a=1584013

Prvi Partisan is awesome ammo. 55gr always met milspec and the 62gr makes milspec since that became NATO standard. Their brass is better than most and they even do good business selling new brass to reloaders. These guys don't screw around with steel case and do brass as a sideline like Wolf or Barnaul. Brass is all they do.

Their HP is match grade and a bit less expensive than other hunting brands but just as good. And they also offer their FMJ in sturdy 200rd NATO grade battle packs too that are perfect for LTS.

Great company. Great ammo. Great prices. Cool company history.

They started by supplying Tito's partisans in Yugoslavia to fight the Nazis.

I wouldn't blink taking their ammo to war because war was the reason they started up to begin with.

For those living where Academy stores operate, their house brand of Monarch brass case 5.56 is relabeled Prvi Partisan. A real good price there on even the small boxes. Great for a fast local pickup when you don't want to tear into your sealed stash just to go to the range.

Reactions: MIL-DOT

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys,
I recently sold my AR, So i have a bunch of 556 and 223 for sale.

im selling the FMJ's (1040rounds) @ 25cents a round. 1040x.25 =$260,some of the fmj's are loose but most are boxed.

the ballistic tip(99rounds) and soft points (50rounds) ill sell for 35cents a round.
149x.35= $52
Plus shipping.
Oh, also its all brass cased name brands
And I would prefer some1 to buy everything, dont really want to pack and send to different people.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I bought 500 rounds of 5.56 from Bulkammo.

It is Independence brand.

Was 169.00 plus shipping for a total of 185.00.

Received by fedex the very next day.

Ammo shots good and clean.
I found them to be a good source for brass cased PMC ammo, a little over $300 for 1000 rounds. Unfortunately I shot it up too fast with help from some friends.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi guys,
I recently sold my AR, So i have a bunch of 556 and 223 for sale.

im selling the FMJ's (1040rounds) @ 25cents a round. 1040x.25 =$260,some of the fmj's are loose but most are boxed.

the ballistic tip(99rounds) and soft points (50rounds) ill sell for 35cents a round.
149x.35= $52
Plus shipping.
Oh, also its all brass cased name brands
And I would prefer some1 to buy everything, dont really want to pack and send to different people.

Interested in buying that thousand rounds if you still have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.