Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
saying hi and first post

I am looking for a pack to keep in my car and for hiking/camping i only get to camp and hike about 3 to 4 times a year. I am wanting to spend about 70.00 dollars i know that not much for a pack. Most of the time it will be in the trunk going from car to car but i will carry it camping some of the thing i will keep in are
i guess it will be more of a bob bag but will carry it camping
what els should i put in it

first aid kit
compass
glock 17 and 2 mags
2 ar mags
4 packs of mre
Magnesium Fire Starter
lighter
flashlight
battery
knife

·
Banned
4,276 Posts
Depending on your size and how fit you are I would go with either an Alice Medium or large with an external pack frame.

XR750

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the size of the maxpedition falcon2 and condor2. I cant spend 100 plus on a bagfight now I am about 5.9 ok fitness could be better.this will be my first bag that I am putting together I am tired of everthing just laying arount in a tote. moveing it from car to car to the house and I cant really carry a tote hiking with my wife and kids when we go camping. thanks for the help and input

·
A Whiter Shade Of Pale
4,771 Posts
Doesn't look like much stuff to put in a pack so you don't need something to big.

I suggest one of the hydration packs from camelbak! You can find good deals on them on ebay! I use the Camelbak Mule. Big enough for a small lunch and rain gear plus what you mentioned.

http://www.camelbak.com/

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well gues i am going to break down and get a maxpedition condor2 or falcon2 but i cant decide wich one

·
Registered
78 Posts
i just ordered a maxpedition vulture II and i love it. alot of people have said its too big its not very bigger then a normal backpack. looked at everything about it on youtube,google and on here.

·
Banned
4,276 Posts
Check out LA police gear 5.11
They have a 72 hr pack on sale.
LA Police Gear 3 Day Backpack
Retail price: $60.00
Sale priice : $29.99
XR750

·
You're no daisy
1,309 Posts
Hi and welcome!

I have one of those diplomat 3 day packs from LAPG that XR750 and paramilusmc linked, actually I have two... one I have used extensively (Hiking, trail biking, off road motorcycling/4wheeling all weather conditions) and for $30 it is a decent bag, hell for $50 it'd be a decent bag... I did have one of the compression straps pull away after a couple years.. was an easy fix though just some needle and thread! as with anything dont overload it and it should hold up well.

On contents, think the basics of survival ... water, shelter, food, fire, security, medical and psychological... then go from there! Yep I listed psychological: for some that is a Bible, a picture of their family, a flask of whiskey... whatever blows your hair back and boosts your morale :thumb:

I just ordered a maxpedition kodiac gearslinger after watching Sootch and Kev's reviews on it ... I was torn between a Sitka and the Kodiac... I checked out youtube specifically Kev and Sootch since they have reviewed quite a few Maxpedition packs and are trustworthy sources.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just wanted to say thanks for the replys I went with the maxpedtion condor 2.Now I just need to start filling it with gear.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts