Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Beware of the dog!
1,823 Posts
There is no way any sane person would consider this, almost $7.00 per round.
(I suppose there might maybe be an occasion where it would be helpful but .... still not worth the price unless you are a big name person who works in Hollywood, Silicon Valley, or Federal Politics.

·
Premium Member
10,929 Posts
Well placed full metal jacket 308 rounds will pierce normal cars, trucks, SUV vehicles.
What's your need? You plan on going up against SWAT type armored vehicles?

·
Registered
5,882 Posts
I'm sure you could get a machine shop to turn a 1000 tungsten carbide bullets for a lot less than that . Then reload them.You wouldn't have any rifling left after you shot them though.

·
Registered
3,956 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
I'm sure you could get a machine shop to turn a 1000 tungsten carbide bullets for a lot less than that . Then reload them.You wouldn't have any rifling left after you shot them though.
Maybe a little less but carbide is very tough to machine.
I worked in a cold heading tooling machine shop for 10 yrs so I've seen it done.
I worked with high alloy steel, still a bitch to machine but lots easier than carbide.

Yeah there goes your rifling ...now you have a smooth bore.

·
Bug-In Prepper
852 Posts
If you decide to make your own, don't use tungsten carbide. Use tungsten-heavy alloy. It's denser, stronger and more resilient than tungsten carbide. 90% W + 7% Ni + 3% Fe is the next best thing to DU and is available from a variety of vendors.

Drill out the nose of a copper bullet and press the WHA core into the hole to save your rifling.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts