Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
armchair commando
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a review on book about 1st hand account of a Marine sniper, now I'm on a new book....Lone Survivor The Eyewitness Account of Operation Redwing and the Lost Heroes of SEAL Team 10

I'm halfway through this one, and have to say cannot put it down! I'm about 1/2 through it right now. It's the story of the only survivor of a seal team that came under a MAJOR fire during Ops in Af-trash-a-can, loosing his whole team and him making it out.
The 1st part of the book is about seal team member Marcus Luttrell from Texas talking about going through Buds and hell week and some of the "smaller" mission they were on.
SO if your into reading about true hero's and a fascinating inside look on the hell these boys go through..it's well worth the book!!!

·
Super Moderator
Psalm 34:4
23,557 Posts
I'll second that, it IS a damn good book, and one everyone should read.

HR, wait till you get to the second half, it'll make you want to go out and find this guy just to shake his hand and buy him a beer.

·
armchair commando
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just finished that book after reading the rest today.....holy crap!! What a badazz guy or god was REALLY looking after that guy.
Folks, PLEASE read this book! If anything, it will inspire you next time you feel like it's over or life's stresses break you...if this guy can live through what he went through, we can survive ANYTHING life throws at you. Yes, his training helped, but mostly he got through this on pure will to live and determination!
I'd love to shake his hand and have a beer with him. :thumb:

·
Does not play well
1,511 Posts
I heard Marcus Lutrell giving an interview about a year ago on the radio with Glenn Beck. He was recounting how he got hit by the RPG and knocked off the cliff and covered by debris... Needless to say my emotions were beyond description. I hunted for the book for months and read it in only two days. I have never felt smaller and uselessly ungrateful than when I read this book. There are people out there right now sacrificing all to maintain our precious freedom and we never remember them. I have passed the book around to as many people as I can get to read it. I remember when their fight happened and for one I plan on never forgetting...

Truely a humbling read...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts