Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Premium Member
Honestly I don't even look if it's locked, or 10 years old. If it was a subject that sounded interesting, I probably clicked on it to read it. I am getting tired of the old thread revival though, you get so far in, and you realize that something happened a ways back, and they are acting like it happened yesterday. Locked threads, I will still read if it's a topic I'm interested in, sometimes I get the feeling they lock the threads just to keep some of us from starting an all out war. Not so much because of the topic.

Super Moderator
Psalm 34:4
Threads get locked for a lot of reasons, many times it is just to stop an argument or a bunch of trolling and allow mods enough time to clean it up and unlock it again. If it stays locked it generally means we haven't had time to clean it up or are discussing it with other mods to see if it's even worth keeping.

Registered
Locked thread = the SHTF in that particular thread. It happens...a thread goes off the rails and wrecks. Generally if the thread is worth saving the mods will clean it up, if not, it's bye-bye thread.

kliving,
I don't mind old threads being dredged up, not everything has to be new.

There are topics that are timeless. Sure one could start a new thread, but then they'd either miss information contained in the old thread or wind up repeating it.

Premium Member
I don't think anyone is complaining,
Locked thread = the SHTF in that particular thread. It happens...a thread goes off the rails and wrecks. Generally if the thread is worth saving the mods will clean it up, if not, it's bye-bye thread.

kliving,
I don't mind old threads being dredged up, not everything has to be new.

There are topics that are timeless. Sure one could start a new thread, but then they'd either miss information contained in the old thread or wind up repeating it.
There are quite a few that are good, so don't get me wrong. While there are some that have come back that seem good, only to realize the individual was looking to buy a property that happened 10 years ago or just asking a question on access rights to a property is sometimes frustrating when you realize it. Or talking about the price of putting in a well or some other improvement, still somewhat relevant, but things do change a lot over time. It's probably more a complaint of myself truthfully, the information is there, but I don't always see it until I get into the thread and realize I am reading about past events more than current events. But I do read a lot of the older threads on food storage and general improvements. But I don't answer to questions that are ten years old, and after reading a bit know it was answered several times.

Super Moderator
What we are seeing a lot are spammers resurrecting old threads to make a post in to try and slip in under the radar. The Ladies caught one this morning in the "Ladies Section" who joined and simply copied and pasted the content from two previous threads.

That's just plain lazy........

1 - 10 of 10 Posts