Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What plate carrier is super heavy duty and is made to be worn without soft body armor? Is it a bad idea to only wear a front plate with no soft armor and stand alone plates? Seems like you would be much faster and less tired than with an interceptor style vest.

I am thinking about wearing a dump pouch on my left side of my web belt instead of on my vest. It seems like it will be quicker to throw stuff in it.

Do you wear your IFAK first aid on your strong or weak side?

I use tactical tailor multi use mag pouches that are slow to open but secure. Was thinking about running two speed pouches one on my pants belt and one on the tac vest. Seems like the pants belt reload would be quickest even in a full interceptor armor system.

·
Banned
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking one hard armor plate would be best for a SHTF situation since walking over long distances might occur. I think a single plate carrier would be really quick to put on for home defense with everything you need ready to go.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.