Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back on TV's "CSI" they said that getting fingerprints from 9Mm shell casings was difficult and anything smaller was usually very hard to "print" as not enough of any finger touched the casing.... don't know it it is true BUT I immediately emptied all of my mags and put the rounds into my "range bags" for practice.

This got me thinking further... we generally pick up our brass when we finish shooting to keep things clean and orderly BUT virtually anyone could take an empty and leave it at a crime scene.... and too many of us today get fingerprinted for too many stupid reasons; like securing professional licences.

I now wear white cotton gloves from the time I open a new box until I finish reloading mags.... maybe I paranoid and in the case of home defense it probably wouldn't matter.

Many of you seem to live in an area where "bugging out" may become necessary and who knows what "encounters" you may need to overcome on your journey... be smart and wear the white gloves when you load up, it beats searching for empties when you are only attempting to flee a bad situation.

·
Registered
141 Posts
that'd be froma professional criminal, seams wierd that the fingerprint would stay after being fired, don't believe everything you see on CSI, o and btw, duplicate thread??

1 - 2 of 2 Posts