Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back a TV's "CSI" episode they said that getting fingerprints form 9Mm shell casings was difficult and anything smaller very hard to "print" as not enough of any finger touched the casing.... don't know it it is true BUT I immediately emptied all of my mags and put the rounds into my "range bags" for practice.

This got me thinking further... we generally pick up our brass when we finish shooting to keep things clean and orderly BUT virtually anyone could take an empty and leave it at a crime scene.... and too many of us today get fingerprinted for too many stupid reasons; like securing professional licences.

I now wear white cotton gloves from the time I open a new box until I finish reloading mags.... maybe I paranoid and in the case of home defense it probably wouldn't matter.

Many of you seem to live in an area where "bugging out" may become necessary and who knows what "encounters" you may need to overcome on your journey... be smart and wear the white gloves when you load up, it beats searching for empties when you are only attempting to flee a bad situation.

·
Registered
97 Posts
If it is a matter of life and death, I don't think it matters if your prints are on the casing, besides, if you are in a bug out situation, who is going to make a whole big show out of it. It is a waste of police resources and time.

·
Registered
264 Posts
looking for like minded indivduals

I am looking for like minded people in th emid missouri area to meet up with and discuss survival matters with and maybe getting a group started in this general area the KC metro area

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
The greater danger is somebody picking up brass to add confusion to a crime scene.Make the police track dead ends,waste time.

·
Registered
882 Posts
uh..... what if i only have black gloves will those work to? ha i can also where boots 5 times to big to throw them off

·
... --- ...
14,874 Posts

·
25 Or 6 to 4
8,006 Posts
Every single weapon leaves its own set of marks that no other weapon has. The scratches from the ejector and extractor are as good as rifling on the bullet.

Don't break the law. Don't shoot people you can't explain to a jury. And police your brass.

·
Banned
326 Posts
I finally got your point after re-reading your thread 4 times. Please slow down when typing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts