Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has thought of loading up on 100lb bars of lead ingot? I see lead is about 55-60 cents per pound!!! HOLY SH!T !!! It was $.08 15 years ago!!!

Anyway, it may be smart to buy a few hundred lbs. It is small and usable. I'd rather have this than gold! You trick owners can put it in the truck bed for traction in the winter!

But a ton for $1,000. It'd make a few bullets in a pinch!

·
Registered
647 Posts
Me and a nephew have been gathering lead and linotype for quite a while. I think it would be a great idea providing you have the means to make the bullets. Just a note make outside, in a very well ventilated area.You know with all the talk about marking bullets and using tagants from the government , It may be a real good idea!!!!

·
Scarred for life...
3,295 Posts
Just a year ago, lead was around 1.75 per pound.

I remember when it was 20 cents a pound... I doubt those days will be returning anytime soon.

·
All bark, no bite
975 Posts
If you collect wheel weights, watch out for the new zinc ones. One zinc wheel weight will ruin 20 pounds of lead. It just won't cast a bullet worth a darn. :xeye: Might as well use it for fishing weights.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I have quite a collection of old scuba belt weights. I found that these melt up pretty good. I'm not sure if they make scuba weights in lead anymore.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts