Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Medical technological breakthrough. New article referring to Youtube title:"UVM and Tuffs Team Builds First Living Robots." The short article on RT News said Tuffs says such mall robots would soon be used to find radiation and other problems in a human body and destroy or remove problems. That's close to man being able to create life with the help of technology.

·
Listen to the ghosts
5,395 Posts
Medical technological breakthrough. New article referring to Youtube title:"UVM and Tuffs Team Builds First Living Robots." The short article on RT News said Tuffs says such mall robots would soon be used to find radiation and other problems in a human body and destroy or remove problems. That's close to man being able to create life with the help of technology.
Please provide a link.

Plus, robots are not "living" even if one were to become sentient, which I believe we are very close to experiencing if it hasn't happened already. Not to mention the blurb sounds like maybe nano-robots, which are very unlikely to even be sentient.

·
Listen to the ghosts
5,395 Posts
Thank you.

Interesting. I think I must apologize. The scientists don't call them living robots in the cited paper, but some of their sources use the phrase "robotic lifeform".

I would contend that there is a difference between a robot that is electronically programmed and a lifeform that is genetically engineered such that a lifeform is not a robot in the manner they use the term.

But what the Hell do I know, I guess. I guess we are all robots then. Interesting implications for society there.

·
Banned
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Please provide a link.

Plus, robots are not "living" even if one were to become sentient, which I believe we are very close to experiencing if it hasn't happened already. Not to mention the blurb sounds like maybe nano-robots, which are very unlikely to even be sentient.
You should be able to Google that You-tube title I gave. I'll try to find it again. They used frog parts. Just look up "Living Robots". There are lots of sites. I not computer savy enough to know how to put down a link without typing it all out.

·
Cross-eyed Target Shooter
1,258 Posts
And in 50 years these "things" will evolve forward and we will see "terminators" walking around. Hmmmm! All life forms eventually DO evolve.

Is the genie out of the bottle?

·
Super Moderator
Trash Remover
3,929 Posts
You should be able to Google that You-tube title I gave. I'll try to find it again. They used frog parts. Just look up "Living Robots". There are lots of sites. I not computer savy enough to know how to put down a link without typing it all out.
To post a link:

1.) Copy the link to clipboard
2.) In the posting window, at the top click on the blue globe ( insert link)
3.) In the box paste the URL (link)
4.) submit the post complete with link

Hope that is easy to follow. :thumb:

You will need to use links we have a very STRICT no copyright infringement rule that will be enforced:

25. Copyright infringement. Do NOT copy anything from any other website unless you own or have rights to the material.

If you want to discuss an article on another site, do not copy the article - just post a link to the article.

If you want to cite an article on another site, do not copy and paste the article - just post a link.

Period.

This topic is not open for discussion.
Please see this thread for further details: https://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=30353

·
Listen to the ghosts
5,395 Posts
I read the online version of the paper itself from the link provided by Big_John, but thank you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts