Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Their found on Amazon, Moorhaus. This is handmade Damascus mini tracker with leather sheath. $59
Says their handmade, 18 folds of German (Sandvick) 1095H and Swedish (Sanvick) 15N20..58-60RC
They have larger knives, (only 10"), but I'm still thinking of trying one out! What you think Goblin? Wonder were their really madmade?
They have a different hook than the Tops...look like they may work better. If they were only longer!!!
And I love the Bocote wood. Thanks to the best wife in the world, my valentine;)

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Sorry, but those are Pakistani made knives of dubious steel and heat treat...Amazing you got one that is scalpel sharp from them; most come so dull you can not cut paper with then even after stabbing through the sheet.

Check out E-Bay for more.

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry, but those are Pakistani made knives of dubious steel and heat treat...Amazing you got one that is scalpel sharp from them; most come so dull you can not cut paper with then even after stabbing through the sheet.

Check out E-Bay for more.
No worry's, I figured paki, just making sure. Either the company has good QC PR I got lucky. It is after all a present from my wife

·
Third World'er Lunatic
16,245 Posts
Thas right. the worst, very worst that can happen is you will break it, and then ya find another one and try again. till ya find one that holds up. sometimes thats easier than other times, sometimes its not.

but its all about getting there that matters.........

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thas right. the worst, very worst that can happen is you will break it, and then ya find another one and try again. till ya find one that holds up. sometimes thats easier than other times, sometimes its not.

but its all about getting there that matters.........
You read my mine. I am going to put the littler bugger through the wotks

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Goblin, the style is the Tom Brown Tracker of movie fame, in miniature.

Carney, be carful with the sharpening, especially if using a motorized tool...The heat treat sucks and surface burns and temper loss occurs...In the pictures it looks like there is some already along the bevel line running to the ricasso...Also, they are prone to rusting.

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Goblin, the style is the Tom Brown Tracker of movie fame, in miniature.

Carney, be carful with the sharpening, especially if using a motorized tool...The heat treat sucks and surface burns and temper loss occurs...In the pictures it looks like there is some already along the bevel line running to the ricasso...Also, they are prone to rusting.
Thanks bro. I hand sharpen my blades. And I will see what it's really made of. Rusting is easy to maintain

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Thanks bro. I hand sharpen my blades. And I will see what it's really made of. Rusting is easy to maintain
My neighbour got one, put an edge on it, tried it on something edible, oiled it, put it in the drawer and took it out a couple of weeks later with not just surface rust but rust right through the blade...Comes from using recycled automotive body metal etc. that has been sitting outside for decades.

Lovely present from the wife, though...Would she be terribly offended if you exchanged I--sentiment would still be there.

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My neighbour got one, put an edge on it, tried it on something edible, oiled it, put it in the drawer and took it out a couple of weeks later with not just surface rust but rust right through the blade...Comes from using recycled automotive body metal etc. that has been sitting outside for decades.

Lovely present from the wife, though...Would she be terribly offended if you exchanged I--sentiment would still be there.
No exchange. I have large fixed blades and I don't do folders. Let's wait & see what it does. It came razor sharp.. It would make a perfect all around knife. So let time tell the tale. Either way, I'm gonna use it "Hard'. Want take me long to see what it's got

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.