Survivalist Forum banner

Lithium 3032 3v coin batteries

6773 Views 19 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  Stumpman
I have looked around but I don't know what these batteries are used for. Anyone know? I have about 100 of them.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
well, i had a red dot optic i used to use them for, also, my dog's electronic training collar uses them. I would imagine there are watches that use them as well.
Reactions: 1
3032 or 2032? I have a ton of things that use 2032. Optics for guns mostly. I think that size is a calculator and watch battery.

my cap light uses them, some remotes, calculators, optics....ect. or you can just send them to me....:D:
Huh. I will have to check on some optics. I don't have an Aimpoint of an Eotech anymore but it's nice to have a stash of power. Thanks all.
That's an old battery number. If you go to Walmart by their watch counter you will find a bunch of batteries and on each package it will tell you what battery number they replace. I believe the 2032 replaces the 3032 and that they are interchangeable.
That style of battery is common. however, it is used in the 1.5v version. A application that requires (2) 1.5v watch batteries can be replaced with that battery and a coin to make up the extra gap.
2032 are used in every GM keyless entry remote since at least 1999.
CR 2032 are also used to maintain computer motherboard BIOS eprom memory settings.
The most common use is in PC's for the cmos chip to maintain it's settings and keep the computers internal clock running even if the computer is unplugged.
Various scopes with illuminated reticles.
Red Dot scopes.
Computer motherboards
A few LED lamps.
Some keyless entry remotes
I know I've seen something else that used them but can't remember right now.

In that series of battery numbers the 32 relates to the thickness (they also come in 24 and 16 and might even be some 08s out there). Thinner battery gives the same voltage but with less life.
I got a set of scales that uses the same battery.
get them at a car dealer. They will be cheaper there then a watch store since they go through more of them.
2032 are used in every GM keyless entry remote since at least 1999.
Yup. Most common use for them.

I have a bunch of the things, as well. I have three optics that use them, and my wind meter.

I know I have more stuff they go in, I just forget what they are until they die.
:eek:
I keep plenty on hand for my optics as many of my scopes have reticles that are illuminated or can be illuminated

they're not exactly expensive if you buy in bulk

Amazon 100 for $20

http://www.amazon.com/Powertron-Lithium-Batteries-Size-CR2032/dp/B002B8QV1G/ref=sr_1_20?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1274672071&sr=1-20
get them at a car dealer. They will be cheaper there then a watch store since they go through more of them.
no, i suggest target, or walgreens. we charge out the butt for them, about 10-15 dollars each.
The MOST COMMON are computer motherboards, they been putting them on those for over 20 years, now think how many computers have been built since the mid 80's.......keyless remotes have been around only a few years so not the most common use. I agree Wal-mart is the cheapest place to get them a couple of $$
I work on computers and routinely replace these. I buy them for .97 cents each.
$0.25 each. If you have optics or other devices that use these, I would recommend stocking up.

See less See more
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.