Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Sobiol
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Houston, TX...I originally posted this in the new members section, but then realized it probably should have gone here instead. I am unsure how to delete a thread I created though...

I believe the main reason why I have not prepped more than I have, which isn't much more than a plan to prep, is because it's just me doing it. I was hoping to find some other like minded people in my area to first get to know one another online and then eventually meet up and help each other out.

A little about me:
I believe hard times are ahead, but exactly how that comes, be it financial breakdown, world war 3, peak oil, or even zombies(though unlikely), I don't know. I am not a "gear junkie" as I've heard it called before. I am more interested in learning skills and gaining experience. I love shooting guns, but that is about the most of it. I don't know much about guns/ammo, but I own a few. I live on a tight budget being I just recently graduated from college. I have a full time job, but I support a girlfriend and baby without any other income.

I live in the Willowbrook area and work towards Humble. Like I said before, I am hoping to get to know more preppers in my general area or even a little further. I would rather get to know someone online first before meeting just to see if our prepping beliefs are compatible. - feels almost as if I am writing a dating profile thing.

Well, this is long enough. I'm sure you get the point.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Hey JoeBub. Welcome to the boards and good luck with your quest for like minded individuals.

I am not near you (DFW area) but would like to share ideas.
I have tried several times to get some people together for an informal cookout or meeting in a neutral place. All to no avail. I fell much the same as you do about the prepping. I began with weapons and ammo. Now that I have some of each it is time for me to tackle the food and water portion.
I fill up all the bottles that come from juice and soda (not a lot of either as we drink mostly water). The food is the biggest problem I just can't seem to get started.

·
Retired Army
5,536 Posts
Welcome JoeBub. I am a couple hours north east of you.
You can gain a lot of knowledge here but, knowledge and skills are two different things. I think that you understand the difference just listening to what you said in your OP. Practice, practice, practice.
Anyway, if I can be of any assistance let me know.

Al

p.s. Got a speeding ticket in Humble once.

·
Sobiol
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
p.s. Got a speeding ticket in Humble once.
that sucks. i think cops try to give out of towners tickets more than the ones from the area because it's a lot less likely that they will come back to fight it. Just my opinion. I was speeding only by 3 miles per hour between Livingston and Lufkin somewhere, (i think Diboll, spelling?) and he gave me a ticket. he was extremely nice and chit chatty until he got my license and figured out I was an out of towner headed up there for work. I also must say it was my first speeding ticket, and I am now 23. I guess he just wanted to be my first.

·
Registered
676 Posts
JoeBub This sentance sounds bad "I guess he just wanted to be my first". LOL

Either way man you are right about that out of towner stuff. I know that most traffic tickets that are fought in court go in favor of the driver. So since the likelyhood of an out of town person coming back to fight a ticket is less they almost always get thier money.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts