Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Fully Prepped(in my mind)
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The following list was forwarded to me as a "good start" for a post SHTF library. Even though I already own copies of some, I'm curious as to the opinions and reviews of the members of this board.

What do you think of the following books and give me a brief review if you own or have read the book.

Each title links to the book at Amazon if you want to read their reviews as well.

Finally, what books do you think are missing from this list?

1. Survival Retreat: A Total Plan For Retreat Defense
  2. Survival: A Manual That Could Save Your Life (Survival Skills)
  3. US Army Survival Manual: FM 21-76
  4. Wilderness Survival
  5. Surviving the Desert (Simply Survival: Greg Davenport's Books for the Wilderness)
  6. Surviving Coastal and Open Water: Greg Davenport's Books for the Wilderness
  7. Wilderness Living
  8. Participating in Nature: Thomas J. Elpel's Field Guide to Primitive Living Skills
  9. Identifying and Harvesting Edible and Medicinal Plants in Wild (and Not So Wild) Places
  10. The Encyclopedia of Edible Plants of North America: Nature's Green Feast
  11. Tom Brown's Guide to Wild Edible and Medicinal Plants (Field Guide)
  12. Where There Is No Dentist
  13. Wilderness Evasion: A Guide To Hiding Out and Eluding Pursuit in Remote Areas
  14. The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook
  15. Basic Essentials Weather Forecasting, 2nd (Basic Essentials Series)
  16. The Morrow Guide to Knots
  17. Street E & E: Evading, Escaping, And Other Ways To Save Your Ass When Things Get Ugly
  18. Safe In The City: A Streetwise Guide To Avoid Being Robbed, Raped, Ripped Off, Or Run Over
  19. Steal This Book
  20. Getaway: Driving Techniques for Evasion and Escape
  21. How To Open Locks With Improvised Tools: Practical, Non-Destructive Ways Of Getting Back Into Just About Everything When You Lose Your Keys (formerly published as Lock Bypass Methods)
  22. Visual Guide to Lock Picking (2nd Edition)
  23. Modern High-Security Locks: How To Open Them
  24. Techniques of Safecracking (52054)
  25. Techniques of Burglar Alarm Bypassing (52050)
  26. How to Pick Pockets for Fun and Profit: A Magicians Guide to Pickpocket Magic
  27. Fugitive!: How To Run, Hide, And Survive
  28. Advanced Fugitive: Running, Hiding, Surviving And Thriving Forever
  29. The International Fugitive
  30. Who Are You? The Encyclopedia of Personal Identification
  31. Secrets of a Back Alley ID Man: Fake ID Construction Techniques of the Underground
  32. How To Create A New Identity
  33. Modern Identity Changer: How To Create And Use A New Identity For Privacy And Personal Freedom
  34. Techniques in Countersurveillance : The Fine Art of Bug Extermination in the Real World of Intelligence Gathering
  35. Kill Or Get Killed: Riot Control Techniques, Manhandling, and Close Combat for Police and the Military
  36. Close Combat
  37. Real Fighting: Adrenaline Stress Conditioning Through Scenario-Based Training
  38. Anatomy of a Street Fight
  39. Fists, Wits, And A Wicked Right: Surviving On The Wild Side Of The Street
  40. Cheap Shots, Ambushes, And Other Lessons: A Down And Dirty Book On Streetfighting & Survival
  41. Floor Fighting: Stompings, Maimings, And Other Things To Avoid When A Fight Goes To The Ground
  42. Knives, Knife Fighting, And Related Hassles: How To Survive A Real Knife Fight
-thanks

hmm, must be a feature of vbulletin to grab the image of linked amazon books. cool...

·
Registered
66 Posts
From your list, I've read FM 21-76 and Ragnar Benson's book on retreats. Ragnar's book is very thought-provoking, so much so that I'm looking to pick up the Urban-themed counterpart to it that he has written.

As for FM 21-76, you're talking straight from the horses mouth survival knowledge. It's an extremely educational manual.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts