Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been following the Wuhan virus threads closely.
Something I've seen several times are references to personal/family levels of readiness. Examples like "Code Orange" or "my family is moving to'Level 3'".

Would anyone who is at this level of organization with their preps care to share any specifics of how they have built their readiness systems?
What triggers the activation of a higher level of readiness and what exactly happens in each case?

I think it would be advantageous for everyone in my immediate family and the extended family (who prep) to all be on the same page and understand what is about to happen and what needs to happen in regards to individual responsibilities and roles.

I've been trying to put something similar in place for a while now but struggling to get anything concrete given how varied and unpredictable any given situation may be.

·
Wildlife Proctologist
2,215 Posts
So when I started out I made a spreadsheet and across the top row I put durations and down first column I put categories of needs. Then I filled in what would be needed for each catagory ranging from a couple days without utilities to a two week weather event (snowed in, floods, etc) to a longer event with month or three without supplies to six months and then a year or longer. It helped me prioritize and help me focus on what was needed rather than waste $$ on a knee jerk reaction to a newly discovered gimmick. I wargamed what was needed for a variety of scenarios but focused on duration and what was needed.

I no longer have the original list but it's a lifetime work in progress. I guess you could turn something like that into readiness levels by associating specific actions for everyone and the criteria for defining each level.

·
Tested in the Wilderness
6,553 Posts
I had a chart showing different levels from 1 to 5. 5 being the highest and would take two or more decades or a great deal of money to reach level 5. I just cannot find that chart right now but maybe someone saved it?

I have reached at least level 4 but not in All things or readiness. Such as I could use a medical bag and will buy one if / when I find one. And I could use more food preps and production, although I do have at least a 2 year supply of all kinds of stored food. Plus plans to build two small greenhouses.
I could go on and on and that chart also included owning some kind of good bunker or safe room but many seem to think that is not important or too expensive. Mine cost only $2,000 taking me about ten summers to build by myself. I should write a book but have in a few threads on this S-boards.
Anyway, here is a chart and a checklist which hope will help. These are maybe not the best or all inclusive but all I could find right now. Try to enlarge them as large as you can to read the info more easily. >

https://i.imgur.com/kYm7WPd.jpg

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've got some more thoughts on this, but I'll come back to it at a later time when (if) we get through this corona virus. I think it (and rightfully so) is taking up everyone's attention right now.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Nice posting by Mike above.

There is a difference between preparedness plan, and response/action/alert levels tho.

Computers acting funky again, had a super reply typed up & it went away. Sigh.

Anywho.

Action level examples “might” be:

Level 1) rainbows and sunshine.

Level 2) something might be occurring “out there”, with cause for family concern. Monitor.

Level 3) Something is occurring, and is cause for concern “out there”. Prepare to implement action plans.

Level 4) Something has occurred, and concerning. Locally. Implement action plan.

Reactions: TMOD
1 - 5 of 5 Posts