Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Been there, done that
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Below is my letter that I have sent to my Senator's and Congressman. I'm completely dismayed at the continued **** poor behavior of the entire legislative branch. I encourage everyone to make their views to their Senators and Congressmen.

Subj: Government Shutdown

The failure of all parties to pass a budget over the past several years and to allow this country to operate on continuing resolutions is unpalatable. To allow this country to shutdown the government is a disgrace. No party is absolved of blame -- you all are to blame, Republican, Democrat, Independent, legislative branch and executive branch.

You were elected to represent the people, your constituents, and not to be stewards of your political party’s tag line or to represent yourself. Your repeated failures in the areas of developing a federal budget, working through deficit reductions, controlling uncontrolled spending, and now allowing a government shutdown to occur is not a failure of one party or of one branch of the government. It is your collective failure.

Do not blame your failure on the Republicans, Democrats, Independents or the Tea Party. Each and everyone of you have failed the people and you need to stand tall and hold yourself accountable. Not one of us are interested in hearing how someone else caused these problems - you created the problems by your inability and lack of desire to work together and compromise. Nor are we interested in hearing excuses. What we need are results.

Your continued failures are taking this country down a dangerous and terrible path that will have dire consequences for many years in the future; we may never be able to fully recover. As an example, you allowing federal employees to be furloughed and taking a 20% salary reduction is incomprehensible. Rather than focusing on the core problems that this country is facing, you have opted to spend your time campaigning for yourself, passing laws (or attempting) to limit the rights of the citizens of this country, transferring billions of our tax revenue to corrupt regimes and countries around the world, debating whether illegal immigrants should be protected at the expense of legal citizens, and hundreds of other topics. Those topics would be appropriate for you to address if you had your core set of issues in order.

As a professional, I’d be mortified if my boss, colleagues, subordinates or customers told me I was failing. I would do everything within my power to fix that failure. I would not blame someone else nor would I make excuses. I would stand tall, accept their perspective, hold myself accountable and strive to fix the failure(s).

You are failing me and I expect you to rectify your poor performance and produce positive results.

Sincerely,

·
surviving...
76 Posts
My message to the junior Senator of the Virginia Commonwealth...
Honorable Senator Kaine,
The first sentence of your message indicates you are more part of the problem instead of the solution. You message shows you are more interested in partisan politics then patriotic civic duties and adherence to the Constitution and US law. You have fore-sworn your oath to your office in deference to your political party loyalty. I beg you to reconsider your position and your vote in light of your sworn duty to your constituents instead of non-indigenous persons.
Thank you for your time attention,

1.18.18 It's Time For a Long-Term Budget Deal
Dear Friend,
It's time for Republican leadership to get serious about finalizing a deal that funds critical priorities like education, our military, and health care, and protects Dreamers. That's why I'm opposing the House Continuing Resolution, which fails to address these priorities and kicks the can down the road again, delaying budget discussions until mid-February. I'm calling on Congress to remain in session with no recess until we work out a long-term bipartisan budget deal that addresses these issues.
One-month CRs hurt all spending priorities and create deep uncertainty. This pain is particularly acute in Virginia, which is home to hundreds of thousands of government employees, kids who rely on CHIP, military families, and national security professionals. As a Senator who represents the state most connected to the military, I know these continued gimmicks hurt our troops in Virginia and across the globe. I would support a short-term CR for a few days to keep the government open while we stay in town and conclude our negotiations. But I do not support perpetuating the current budgetary dysfunction that is hurting our country and our Commonwealth.
The President's repeated statements urging a government shutdown are beneath the office and have heightened the budgetary dysfunction. And his determined efforts to blow up any and all bipartisan discussions around Dreamers demonstrate that he is not interested in governing. He has to decide whether he wants to be President and engage in necessary compromise, or continue offering offensive commentary from the sidelines.
I hope my Republican colleagues will agree to stay in D.C. over the coming days so we can keep the government open and finalize a long-term deal.
Sincerely,
Senator Tim Kaine

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
My message to the junior Senator of the Virginia Commonwealth...
Honorable Senator Kaine,
The first sentence of your message indicates you are more part of the problem instead of the solution. You message shows you are more interested in partisan politics then patriotic civic duties and adherence to the Constitution and US law. You have fore-sworn your oath to your office in deference to your political party loyalty. I beg you to reconsider your position and your vote in light of your sworn duty to your constituents instead of non-indigenous persons.
Thank you for your time attention,

1.18.18 It's Time For a Long-Term Budget Deal
Dear Friend,
It's time for Republican leadership to get serious about finalizing a deal that funds critical priorities like education, our military, and health care, and protects Dreamers. That's why I'm opposing the House Continuing Resolution, which fails to address these priorities and kicks the can down the road again, delaying budget discussions until mid-February. I'm calling on Congress to remain in session with no recess until we work out a long-term bipartisan budget deal that addresses these issues.
One-month CRs hurt all spending priorities and create deep uncertainty. This pain is particularly acute in Virginia, which is home to hundreds of thousands of government employees, kids who rely on CHIP, military families, and national security professionals. As a Senator who represents the state most connected to the military, I know these continued gimmicks hurt our troops in Virginia and across the globe. I would support a short-term CR for a few days to keep the government open while we stay in town and conclude our negotiations. But I do not support perpetuating the current budgetary dysfunction that is hurting our country and our Commonwealth.
The President's repeated statements urging a government shutdown are beneath the office and have heightened the budgetary dysfunction. And his determined efforts to blow up any and all bipartisan discussions around Dreamers demonstrate that he is not interested in governing. He has to decide whether he wants to be President and engage in necessary compromise, or continue offering offensive commentary from the sidelines.
I hope my Republican colleagues will agree to stay in D.C. over the coming days so we can keep the government open and finalize a long-term deal.
Sincerely,
Senator Tim Kaine

And a swamp dweller speaks and wiggles.
What does DACA have to do with the budget.

·
Retired thinker
7,337 Posts
Letter to my Senator:

Dear Senator,

Stop using the filibuster as an excuse to not do your job. Invoke the Nuclear option. Then, start passing the 300+ bills in the house that are waiting in your in basket. If you can't do that, then go home.

Sincerely ****ed,
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Padre in the woods
1,752 Posts
The best reply I got to exemplify the swamp in Washington was from one of my reps after I had wrote to him several times on a subject all of us face. I stated that this is important enough to me that unless he takes the subject seriously my family and I can not vote for him in the mid-terms. The reply?

"I fully expect to be re-elected based on my record."

The swamp has indigent and vile creatures in it, there not not represent us, but to live off us like parasites.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts