Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I see lots of talk of firearms, but little of holsters. Does anyone have any particular favorites for Ruger GP100 4" or SP101 3"? I am not so concerned for concealment for the GP100, the SP101 is more concealable, but is not real compact at the same size as a Glock 19.
What does anyone recommend?

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
i have boxes of holsters. I mostly just grab an uncle Mike's for mine. I used to use bianchi judge or front break but that was a while ago.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
El Paso Saddlery C-Force. A law enforcement standard for 50 years.

Best concealment rig for full-sized duty pistols or revolvers. Was the first IWB with steel reinforced opening to permit one-hand reholstering, often copied, but seldom equalled. I carry my 4-inch S&W Model 29 in one. Also have one for my SIG P230.

Attachments

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'm a big fan of Kramer horsehide holsters. I have one for my SP-101. Not really concealable due to cylinder diameter but one comfy and tough holster.

·
Registered
6,932 Posts
What he said. Simply Rugged Pancake is what your looking for. Fair price and excellent craftsmanship. I have one for pretty much every gun I own, including a SP-101 and GP-100.
I'm going to get a couple for my SP and GP's. I've taken to carrying wheel guns these days. Need one for my Blackhawk with 8 round chamber.

How much for one of these ?

·
Museum Piece
312 Posts
When we got her Security Six it came with a Safariland duty holster (came form the state patrol). since Rosen does not make should rigs for revolvers, we have been comparing what is out there. The wife said at those prices I will carry it in my pocket.

·
Registered
51 Posts
My go to holster is usually a pancake like the Bianchi Shadow (#7) or similar from DeSantis or Galco etc. It usually is the best combo of comfort and concealment for me. I routinely CCW a 3" S&W model 13 or 65 in .357mag. A 4" would conceal almost as easily.

·
Grumpy
89 Posts
I'm going to get a couple for my SP and GP's. I've taken to carrying wheel guns these days. Need one for my Blackhawk with 8 round chamber.

How much for one of these ?
For the full size Sourdough Pancake= $80.00
For the small size Silver Dollar= $60.00
Ordered a new one for my LCR in .327 Federal Magnum and it arrived 7 days later. Can’t beat that for a custom leather holster!

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm a big fan of Kramer horsehide holsters. I have one for my SP-101. Not really concealable due to cylinder diameter but one comfy and tough holster.
I agree. Been using Kramer holsters and belts for 30+ years. Outstanding quality. Not cheap, but for EDC, nothing better. Don’t forget a good belt! The foundation for comfortable carry. Kramer has double thickness horsehide belts that last. They don’t curl/fold up with steel frame handguns and spare mags. I have a couple of Simply Rugged holsters that feel and carry well, but I don’t use them every day. A good product.

Hank

1 - 15 of 15 Posts