Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Forum Administrator
16,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thread is open to any topic, post what you want.

In this video I talk about filtering creek water, dogs and trash.

While walking down a creek that runs through the farm, I see a coke can. Upon looking at the can, it had the old style pull tab. Those kinds of cans have not been made since around the late 1980s.

I also found a floaty that someone up stream had let float down. There are only three houses up stream, so it had to come from one of them.

Adopted a black mouthed cur that my aunt did not want. He is merging with the pack very well.

·
Banned
17,612 Posts
Squirrels are eating tons of green pine cones right now. My front yard is full of the scales. They throw the cob down and it hurts if they drop it on your head. I sometimes think they do it on purpose.

Had some soil hauled in a while back. Still pulling pop tops out of it. Even found an old, old crushed Schlitz can, the kind where you had to use a church key to open it.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Did you know that the bananas we eat today aren't really the bananas of old? "Real" bananas are extinct. Also the color orange was named after the fruit orange. So the fruit came before the color.

·
The Mom
1,163 Posts
I really truly love oyster crackers. Hate oysters though.

My oldest starts kindergarten in a couple weeks. I'm gonna be a wreck.

We're leaving on vacation in four days. This will be my first vacation from this job (and I've been here over 9 years.)

What kinds of foods are Vermont and New Hampshire known for?

·
Dios y Tejas
6,687 Posts
Younger granddaughter is off the floaties now. I had taught the older one to dive for "Sunken Treasure" in my pool (Coins I tossed in). The younger got jealous of the older one getting all the money (even though I gave the younger one the equivalent at the end of the day).

So now they both have goggles and dive down to get the coins. Teaches them breath control and gets them over the fear of the water.

·
You talkin' to me?
8,463 Posts
Wet summer here. Normally walking through the lawn in August sounds like walking on Potato Chips and mowing is out of the question. This summer I'm mowing every week with no end in sight.

Keeps me in shape however!

·
Dios y Tejas
6,687 Posts
Wet summer here. Normally walking through the lawn in August sounds like walking on Potato Chips and mowing is out of the question. This summer I'm mowing every week with no end in sight.

Keeps me in shape however!
Best present I ever bought my wife... a John Deere riding lawnmower. 320 miles so far and the thing runs like a top.... nothing runs like a Deere!

·
You talkin' to me?
8,463 Posts
Best present I ever bought my wife... a John Deere riding lawnmower. 320 miles so far and the thing runs like a top.... nothing runs like a Deere!
I really prefer to push mow. I need something for a cardio work out, pushing a mower 5 hours a week seems to keep my weight in check!

·
Registered
100 Posts
doea anyone know if Adam and Eve had belly buttons? That's been bugging me since I was a kid.

Newscasters practice delivering the news by saying "red leather, yellow leather" over and over again.

When I rub my eyes too long I see plaid, is that normal?
don't know if adam and eve had belly buttons but when I gained weight I went from and inney to an outey

·
King of Canada
4,421 Posts
I went berry picking today.

Blueberries, strawberries, Bearberries and dewberries. All wild, from the bush. Not far from my home.

I got out every day or every couple days at the least. I bring my kids with me.

·
Registered
6,885 Posts
I HATE primitive fire making techniques.

I can do them, and some I would need lots of practice to get proficient with again (especially in bad conditions) but since the first time I tried to do such I have had to put in way more effort than I should; I just do not have the knack.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I run my own business custom making backpacks and bags and other hunting and prep gear.
Last weekend I got back from my first holiday of 2 weeks in the last 10yrs doing bulk fishing and hunting up in remote Northern Qld Gulf Country with 2 good mates.
Was a true adventure as someone nearly died (none of us, a guy fell out of his boat in the ocean who wasn't a very good swimmer) standing shoulder deep in shark and crocodile infested beach water trying to hold the boat up after it got swamped by rogue waves, 7/0 hooks straightened by hungry Tuna, crocodiles swimming around in the ocean just off our camp at the beach, and for some reason the wife won't let me go back next year when we turn this trip into an annual thing lol

·
Registered
14,867 Posts
I hate selfish bastards who scatter their brain matter all over the living room just because they lost a leg the prior year.

Liquified brain and blood pouring out of an open skull is a sight and smell to behold. But worse than that is the daughter walking into the room about 10 seconds after your arrival and screaming like I have never heard before.

The worst part yet is stepping on something on the tile floor only to realize it's part of the deceased's skull.

·
You talkin' to me?
8,463 Posts
I hate selfish bastards who scatter their brain matter all over the living room just because they lost a leg the prior year.

Liquified brain and blood pouring out of an open skull is a sight and smell to behold. But worse than that is the daughter walking into the room about 10 seconds after your arrival and screaming like I have never heard before.

The worst part yet is stepping on something on the tile floor only to realize it's part of the deceased's skull.
My sister walked into a situation like that, her father-in-law had just been diagnosed with aggressive cancer and did that to himself. She was the first to find him.......

REALLY, REALLY a bad situation.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts