Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
8,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Correction on my post - my S&W is a Model 17. I previously owned a K22. Sold the K22 to a friend of mine before all things S&W skyrocketed in price. He still has it.

My 17 is keeper - I frequently will grab a couple handfuls of 22LR, dump them in a shirt pocket, and head out back to plink. Find I enjoy shooting it in double action more so than single action.

·
Registered
8,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Old thread but lets keep this going. A few years ago I was contemplated buying a Ruger Single Six / Bearcat / Heritage Rough Rider. Looking on Gunbroker, I found this Colt Frontier Scout for similar $. Old gun but fun to shoot.

A good friend of mine has been mentioning to me that he was looking for a 22 pistol for the past couple of years. I found a Heritage Rough Rider cheap and gave it to him for Christmas. He shot a squirrel off his bird feeders the 1st day owning it.

I'm currently resisting the temptation to pick up a Ruger Wrangler.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I'm currently resisting the temptation to pick up a Ruger Wrangler.
I picked a Wrangler up a couple of months ago.

I love it. Best 200 bucks I've spent on a firearm. At first the action felt like it was full of sand, but after cocking it a couple of hundred times it became buttery smooth. Well, as buttery as a 200 dollar pistol is going to get. lol

My only complaint was the grips. They are very narrow. Since the Wrangler isn't a light pistol they made it hard to hold. I went to Altamont's website and ordered a pair of checkered rosewood ones. They are much thicker than the originals. My groups reduced by half with the pistol.

The best part of the pistol? I found out that I can still hip shoot tin cans at 20 feet...most of the time. :p

·
Registered
812 Posts
Hmm no pictures because they all was sold or maybe Ex took them I dont rightly remember,I do remember a old Ruger Mark I with 6 7/8 barrel that would hit a rabbit head all day long at 50 yards with lead bullet it hated plated bullets,a Colt Frontier Scout that shot awsome groups but to the left with practice and Kentucky windage it was a light meat for the pot handgun,a tuned Colt Trooper with 8 3/8 barrel that shot decent for me Ex could put them all in same hole at 15 yards,3/4 to 1" group at 25 yards I couldnt shoot it near that good,my favorite a Ruger 3 screw Single Six 6.5" barrel that shot almost any ammo POA in 2" group at 25 yards,or possibly a little S&W Compact it was light and accurate enough to put bunnies and squirrels in pot,or maybe even NAA black Widow accurate enough for what it was,heck maybe even a old Jennings under 12 yards it was pot meat accurate and actually reliable,sure wish I still had a couple of them..

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
This High Standard Model B saw both WW2 and Vietnam service as an aviator's survival gun. I got it from the estate of a high school classmate who flew for "teeny weeny airlines." His real life experience resembled Mel Gibson in the movie. His father had carried the same pistol as a B24 pilot and successful evader from France into Spain after he was shot down in July, 1944.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Here are some more.

The three on the left are Heritages. The two matched ones are the ones that my daughter started shooting Cowgirl Action with. I really like the little bird’s head one. It came with both LR and Magnum cylinders.

The top right is a 1981 Ruger Single Six. The bottom right is an Interarms Virginian 22. Both of those have both LR and Magnum cylinders.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Here are some more.

The three on the left are Heritages. The two matched ones are the ones that my daughter started shooting Cowgirl Action with. I really like the little bird’s head one. It came with both LR and Magnum cylinders.

The top right is a 1981 Ruger Single Six. The bottom right is an Interarms Virginian 22. Both of those have both LR and Magnum cylinders.

View attachment 356076
How do you like the heritage revolvers? I've considered them.

·
Registered
183 Posts
How do you like the heritage revolvers? I've considered them.
They’re solid. Reliable. Accurate. Inexpensive. They go bang every time you **** the hammer and pull the trigger. They hit what you aim them at. Having the safety is kinda funky, but it’s really not a big deal.

I think they are good little revolvers, especially considering the price. They have several different models with different barrel lengths, sights, and grips.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts