Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While doing the end of year cleaning I found these two plastic collapsible containers. Each closes with zippers. The plastic appears to be pretty thick. The containers are not water or air tight.

The container on the right has two side pockets with zippers. The container on the left is about 2 inches wide.

Let's play a game. Name a use for either of the containers related to survival preparedness. The top 3 ideas will get a "Thanks" from me as well as my appreciation. Let's begin! :)

·
Banned
9,294 Posts
Put all your...

stupid questions in it.

seriously...you can't figure this out for yourself?

:confused:

·
Zomby Woof
14,246 Posts
You could use them for the display and retail sale of bed linens. :)

They are decent enough containers for nearly any dry goods but would need to be put inside something else. Nice for content identification though.

·
I'll fix it
2,548 Posts
I can't tell the size of them but, I would use them to group items in my BOB. Like MRE's, food and snacks in one and water filter, collapsing water jugs, water purification tablets and Nalgene bottles in the other. Maybe put all my Mountain House pouches in them so I could see the labels without digging.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Since it's not waterproof, use it like an Eagle Creek packing cube. Fold and roll up TIGHTLY your socks, underwear, and t-shirts and stuff them in there. Your back pack will stay more organized, and you can get more clothes in less space. (Although maybe it's too big for that? I can't tell from the picture.)

·
Registered
99 Posts
I would use them for...

There original intention. To store bedding in them, or extra clothing perhaps. I actually have 3 of those same bags, from our family's new bedding, storing our camping blankets, pillows, and sheets. They work nice, after you get all smoky from the campfire, you can also put your clothing changes in them so as to not make everything else in your vehicle smell like smoke. Great for putting your wet clothing in also, after a good day on the streams!!!:thumb:
They don't however like very cold weather. They aren't typically made of cold crack vinyl.

·
Adaptable.
1,978 Posts
Sudz is right. They are bedding bags. I use them to keep extra bedding for guests in the spare campers sothey don't get mildewy. Do not use them for anything important. The seams rip, the plastic tears and the zippers break. They are simply the packaging that sheets and comforters come in.

You might be able to use them to suffocate zombies though. Let me know how it works out. ;)

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
I quilt blankets, so I use bags like these for material scraps or to hold all the material and quilt tops that I work on.

I also, use these bags to seperate winter wear from summer wear.

These are great bags.

·
Registered
14,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
stupid questions in it.

seriously...you can't figure this out for yourself?

:confused:
It's not that I can't think of things to use it myself, but I was hoping someone who has more experience prepping might have a better idea. Tapping the collective intelligence on this website. Thanks for not contributing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts