Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 234 Posts

·
pseudo-conformist
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've started this thread for chit chat same as if we were at the pub.
It is a turbulent world with zombies potentially at every corner, then we have the political angry arguments, sheesh it's enough to turn a man to drink :D:

Anyway, this thread is for anyone who wishes to have some banter and share stories which maybe don't deserve a thread of their own.
Suggest some tunes for the jukebox with youtube links, or just start a conversation like we were having a game of pool. Nothing is off-topic, it's just about escaping from arguments and being friendly with strangers.

I'll start, had a fantastic day today watching my son play for our town's senior rugby team. He scored a try and will be in the local paper's match report. Proud dad and a great afternoon of live rugby with a pint of ale in my hand (every rugby club in the UK has a bar).

Anyone else into rugby? I like American football but all the breaks I find boring. Two 40 minute half's in rugby with only stoppage being injuries. There was quite a lot of blood spilled today, the match was brutal, but our town won.

So, if you want a break from arguing and just fancy a chat like friendly humans, get a pint or a coffee/tea at the bar and say hello, share your day or interesting stories :thumb:
The Winchester, the friendly pub. Transport Property Mode of transport Building Mixed-use

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
So, what kind is your ale? I'm having Folger's coffee at the moment and watching the snow fall.

We were to have an inch but we've already surpassed two inches of the white stuff. Prediction is for the storm to end 8 hours from now. Weather-persons are wrong again. What else is new.

Is your rugby at an indoor stadium, or it's just nice outside?

In other news I repaired my husband's coat today. He had a nice sized "L" shaped rip in his sleeve. I haven't sewn in the longest. I think I did well, and he was happily surprised. :)

·
pseudo-conformist
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So, what kind is your ale? I'm having Folger's coffee at the moment and watching the snow fall.

We were to have an inch but we've already surpassed two inches of the white stuff. Prediction is for the storm to end 8 hours from now. Weather-persons are wrong again. What else is new.

Is your rugby at an indoor stadium, or it's just nice outside?

In other news I repaired my husband's coat today. He had a nice sized "L" shaped rip in his sleeve. I haven't sewn in the longest. I think I did well, and he was happily surprised. :)
Tribute Ale is my favourite.
Snow already?! You must be further north and inland compared to me. It was 'cold' today but my definition of cold is probably much different to yours.
We have snow here once or twice a decade and it never lasts more than a few days.

It is an open pitch for the rugby but the seating is all under cover from the rain to watch the game with a pint in hand :thumb:

·
Generator Wrangler
4,083 Posts
Did you hear that the Post Office just recalled their latest stamps?
Yes, apparently they had pictures of Manchester United Players on them...and people couldn't figure out which side to spit on.

·
Swift Justice = 2950fps
11,234 Posts
Well, here’s a story.
I was in Mexico the other day. Walking past the street vendors, one vendor offered to sell me a leather belt. I said no thanks, so he offered me some leather boots. Again I replied “no thanks”, so he said “how about a “JUNG GIRL” ? I thought i’d Jerk this guy around a little, so I said “ how JUNG is she” ? He replied “she’s 40 and she’s JUNG and CLEEEAN”!

·
Wildlife Proctologist
2,597 Posts
I usually prefer ******* dives but glad to join you for a beer at the winchester

·
Registered
296 Posts
I just settled in for some Clan MacGregor had a lot to do this morning tomorrow will be the same have to take my battery out of my four wheeler get the tractor in the garage case it snows need to shoot my Flintlock to unload it, today is the last day Pennsylvania Flintlock season don't dare to go hunting today risk catching cold, going to have shoulder surgery Wednesday for a torn rotator cuff second time same shoulder going to be laid up for a while we'll probably have to go right to therapy keep it moving so Scar Tissue don't set in

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

·
pseudo-conformist
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I usually prefer ******* dives but glad to join you for a beer at the winchester
The Winchester is an all inclusive pub :thumb:
...in real life I frequent backstreet dive pubs, some amazing decent people to share banter with. Lots of crooks as well but the rules are you don't pee on your own doorstep so if I go outside for a smoke I will happily leave my bag on my barstool.
Pub rules here work...and the sole barmaid in some is the safest person there, nobody abuses the bar staff without regulars getting involved.

·
pseudo-conformist
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just settled in for some Clan MacGregor had a lot to do this morning tomorrow will be the same have to take my battery out of my four wheeler get the tractor in the garage case it snows need to shoot my Flintlock to unload it, today is the last day Pennsylvania Flintlock season don't dare to go hunting today risk catching cold, going to have shoulder surgery Wednesday for a torn rotator cuff second time same shoulder going to be laid up for a while we'll probably have to go right to therapy keep it moving so Scar Tissue don't set in

You are busy :D:
...and bloody 'ell about the surgery! Good luck with it. My son had the same some months ago after getting injured in rugby. I know we have the NHS here but he has health insurance playing for the town so he gets fast treatment.

...I've bought a round of Sambuca's, ease the pain of the shoulder :D:

·
pseudo-conformist
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Pub is named after a firearm? The English are pretty cool. I'll get the next round since there are few at the establishment right now. ;)
Haha good move! :D:
Hopefully it should fill up in a while, get some good banter going and friendly chat.
I've only ever fired SA80's when I was in the Royal Navy...nothing more risky than a sailor who only trains once a month lol...I could still strip and rebuild one today though.

·
Registered
7,423 Posts

Ooooh! Better drink today then. Curly, good luck with the surgery, and I hope it's not your drinking shoulder! Wednesday is the day the hubs has a colonoscopy. He has to starve 24 hours before. He will be absolutely miserable. I think I should recommend him a stiff drink as well. :thumb:

1 - 20 of 234 Posts