Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,025 Posts
Congratulations on the first thread on this forum that discusses a musical!

Despite living in and around NYC for 24 years, I never saw Les Mis. I read M. Hugo's novel, though, and am going to say the somewhat optimistic ending is my fav.

I think we now need to have a thread that asks "What's your favorite Puccini aria?" My answer would be "Che manina gelina" (spelling?) from La Boheme.

And yes, I am a huge nerd.

HippieSurvivalist

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Congratulations on the first thread on this forum that discusses a musical!

Despite living in and around NYC for 24 years, I never saw Les Mis. I read M. Hugo's novel, though, and am going to say the somewhat optimistic ending is my fav.

I think we now need to have a thread that asks "What's your favorite Puccini aria?" My answer would be "Che manina gelina" (spelling?) from La Boheme.

And yes, I am a huge nerd.

HippieSurvivalist

So you don't see a survivalist "show tunes" thread getting much interest eh? Puccini does not make you a nerd.
Likeing Puccini, Motley Crue and Johhny Cash however....You should hear my iPod.
Maybe we can try to guess what guns they were using. Oh well.

Have to add: I hear Young Frankenstein tix are going for $50 each at the Times Square discount booth. Great deals if you have the time or cash.

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts
ARGHHHH SHOW TUNES! I liked them til I spent 5 years Playing "Music Of Your Life" format back in the 80's...UNFORTUNATELY...there was a heavy burn rotation and certain show tunes came up alot...like OKLAHOMA!, Do you hear the people sing, Viva Las Vegas, My fair lady, etc.

Now, groups like The Ink Spots, Les Paul & Mary Ford, Tony Bennet, Duke Ellington, Glenn Miller, etc. I love them and their rotations were slower.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.