Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been going through a BUNCH of the LULZSEC file released and found a simple rich text file called a new breed of suspect. Probably Sunday suppliments to you cops, but I thought it might be interesting to drop in the public arena. The only details I can find on its origin is the author- "scccpoa" with date of creation "7/10/2009"

A NEW BREED OF SUSPECT

A recent robbery suspect was arrested after trying to kill his arresting officer. In the suspect car was a notebook labeled, "23 rules for winning shootouts with police."

The list included:
Park where the least detectable know your exits.
Recognize plainclothes cops Predict cop's movement to gun Choose locations police cannot easily surround.

If ambushed:
Use cover
Move to confuse

These "rules for survival" are very inclusive and cannot be labeled anything less than formal training. Whether he knows it or not, this suspect's list covers the following concepts:
Rules for engagement Lag time
Cover and concealment

This type of preparation should not surprise us, but remind us. Many of today's suspects are tactical thinking, some are military trained, they read police periodicals, they share information and practice.

In the last 18-24 months, we have seen a visible increase in suspect tactics. Body armor, radio communications and fully automatic weapons are an example of the type of equipment that has become more and more popular. The use of lay-off suspects, (crime partners posing as customers), has become common. When we engage a suspect, these silent crime partners will usually engage from behind, with deadly consequences. Last year, 55% of the officers killed were the victims of head-shots. This is partially because of a trend on the rise. Suspects are now more likely to execute a downed officer before leaving a crime scene.

Gang members have joined the armed forces only to gain the combat firearms and tactics training. After training, they take a dishonorable discharge and return home. When asked about their unfortunate discharge they proudly explain how they "infiltrated the military." There were 791 gang-related murders in Los Angeles County last year.

Most suspects we encounter are not this prepared. But what about the one who is? He's out there. He's in EVERYTOWN, USA. We have stopped him in the street and in his car.

Since 1990, over 100,000 officers have been assaulted. On the average 10 cops a day are shot at. This year there have been too many cop funerals, all resulting from felonious killings. Over 50% were while attempting arrest and over 50% were caused by handguns at less than 10 feet. Many of these resulting from bad searches. Today's suspect is committed and has the mindset of a soldier going into battle. We are his enemy. He's ready for us. Let's be ready for him.

Stay Alert, Stay Alive, Stay Safe and KEEP the FAITH!

·
Garbage Collector
11,363 Posts
OK so it is saying that bad guys are getting better tactics and weapons and that officers should be cognizant of this and do better searches and practice better situational awareness.

Doesn't mean anything about preppers, they are primarily focused on better armed and trained gang bangers and other criminals.

I've seen several similar reports, no big deal just for officer safety and FYI stuff.

I've picked up people that supposedly had been searched at time of arrest for transport only to find weapons or contraband on them still when we got to the jail.

·
22,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK so it is saying that bad guys are getting better tactics and weapons and that officers should be cognizant of this and do better searches and practice better situational awareness.

Doesn't mean anything about preppers, they are primarily focused on better armed and trained gang bangers and other criminals.

I've seen several similar reports, no big deal just for officer safety and FYI stuff.

I've picked up people that supposedly had been searched at time of arrest for transport only to find weapons or contraband on them still when we got to the jail.
I wasn't trying to insinuate anything like that. Just wanted you to know that things are heating up for the LEOs too.

·
Patient Zero of WWZ
5,334 Posts
But it does have an affect on us preppers.

Those tactically trained gang banger will still be around after TSHTF. The training will give them an edge, and help them survive. Thus increasing the likely hood that they will be around to give us problems.

·
The Maker
1,679 Posts
good post. and its true. Some Gangs are actually sending members to the marines to learn all of the tactics and come back after a tour and teach the rest of the gang. I cannot find the video but, This gang member, fresh out of the marines, called the cops and said he saw a man with a gun at some store. When the cops showed up he pulled out his AR and killed like 6 officers. They did not stand a chance, and most wouldn't no one ever trained them to deal with this kind of stuff. they took cover behind a wall and he just ran up to them and mowed them down, Didn't even really need the armor he was wearing.some pretty shocking statistics in that article as well, i was not aware that 10 officers a day are shot at, i believe it though. And i am with bill, these guys still being around after SHTF could be really bad, especially in numbers.

·
22,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There are examples in an intelligence bulletin on OMGs (outlaw motorcycle gangs) showing pictures from Iraq and Afghanistan of Vehicles and weapons with logos from Hells Angels, Mongols, Sons of Silence, ect and pictures of myspace and facebook pages of veterans wearing OMG type clothing, tattoos, ect.

here is a website belonging to a club:

http://www.outlawsmc.com/we-support.html

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I'm sure the pictures exist of the motorcycle gang logos on military equipment. I doubt three patch members would show off like that.

Probably people playing a joke or possibly perspective or fringe members. Motorcycle gangs like to recruit people who can do things for them like cops, military and attorneys. But these members aren't real members, they just think they are.

These are members that get to hang out with the real members occasionally and feel like the are apart of the group, but are excluded form the real business meetings and criminal activity and money making.

Dwind someone might look at your post and think you are attempting to instruct people on how to be criminals. Especially since you post a lot of anti police stuff. I wouldn't assume such a thing but others might. Just letting you know in case you never looked at it that way.

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
These criminals that are looking for better tactics against law enforcement are also going to be the same ones that will go thru neighborhoods robbing,killing, and raping common folk. These gangs do it now and will be in full force if the SHTF. Be prepared...

·
22,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dwind someone might look at your post and think you are attempting to instruct people on how to be criminals. Especially since you post a lot of anti police stuff. I wouldn't assume such a thing but others might. Just letting you know in case you never looked at it that way.
Most of the time I'm the opposite if anything. I have known me a bunch of officers, including family and friends. I just tend to call out stupid bull**** whatever the source. No Favorites. I see your point though.

·
Garbage Collector
11,363 Posts
I wasn't trying to insinuate anything like that. Just wanted you to know that things are heating up for the LEOs too.

:thumb:Not you, but there are some that read way too much into things like that.

Reactions: Dwind

·
Garbage Collector
11,363 Posts
But it does have an affect on us preppers.

Those tactically trained gang banger will still be around after TSHTF. The training will give them an edge, and help them survive. Thus increasing the likely hood that they will be around to give us problems.

Somewhere close to you someone is training hard in order to kill you, what are you doing to counter that?

If you are not training hard to beat them then you are just preparing to die.

Speed, accuracy and violence of action are what wins fights.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts