Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried these the other day and they are pretty good. I used 1 part lentils, 2 parts water and a pinch of salt. I didn’t use any of the other stuff. You can also do the same thing with black beans etc.

I thought this would be a great way to use up aging preps.

INGREDIENTS
You need only 5 wholesome ingredients to make this recipe:
  • Split red lentils – see my tips below to choose the best red lentils – split and whole lentils work very differently in recipes.
  • Water – at room temperature or cold.
  • Salt
  • Apple cider vinegar – it keeps the orange color of the lentils after cooking.
  • Baking soda – this is not used as a raising agent in this recipe. It, in fact, removes any pesticides or herbicides from the red lentils. It also helps to soften the lentils making them easier to blend.
  • Garlic powder – red lentil flatbreads are pretty bland in flavor so this enhances the flavor of the tortillas. Other additions are turmeric powder, curry powder, or onion powder.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I tried these the other day and they are pretty good. I used 1 part lentils, 2 parts water and a pinch of salt. I didn’t use any of the other stuff. You can also do the same thing with black beans etc.

INGREDIENTS
  • Split red lentils – see my tips below to choose the best red lentils – split and whole lentils work very differently in recipes.
  • Salt
  • Baking soda – this is not used as a raising agent in this recipe. It, in fact, removes any pesticides or herbicides from the red lentils. It also helps to soften the lentils making them easier to blend.
  • Garlic powder – red lentil flatbreads are pretty bland in flavor so this enhances the flavor of the tortillas. Other additions are turmeric powder, curry powder, or onion powder.
Sounds good. They still have carbs though, albeit healthier.

Carbs in Lentils | Carb Manager

·
Registered
677 Posts
Yesterday I made grilled tacos, pan fried, with the following:
Corn tortillas
Black beans
Guacamole
Salsa
Cheddar cheese

It's what I had on hand. Usually, I'd throw some meat in there too.

·
Registered
20 Posts

INGREDIENTS
  • Salt
I think I'll eat my lentils with fresh home made tortilla's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts