Survivalist Forum banner

Are you legal or not with your concealed weapon?

• Yes, have CCW.

Votes: 204 73.9%
  • No CCW, still carry and no plans to get a CCW.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • No CCW, but plan to get CCW.

Votes: 41 14.9%
  • Do not plan to carry a gun.

Votes: 13 4.7%
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Capability, not scenarios
11,964 Posts
Do you think many people who illegally carry a weapon will be willing to admit it here?

When Wisconsin's CCW law goes into effect (November), I'll apply for a license and if I carry, it'll be legally.

·
Blessed
631 Posts
Yes I am legal to carry. My dad and I last year took the class for it. I love the fact I can go out and have my pistol concealed. My work and a lot of my playtime keeps me from having a gun on me but when I do I can. Everybody who can conceal should do it. Express your rights.

·
Voluntaryist.
274 Posts
Its extremely hard to jump through the legal loop holes here. My life is more important then some law thought of by some nanny state official, there for I some times carry if I feel the need to.

·
Bread Baker
3,255 Posts
The wife and I are working on getting our CCW. In WV, you can open carry on your person or in your car without a permit or license of any kind. We just like the idea of CCW so as to not draw unneeded attention to ourselves.

Im confident my employer wouldn't care edge wise if I concealed at work. Just the other day we were discussing shotguns!

·
silenced
3,002 Posts
im stuck. i want to carry, but dont want a license to tell me i can or gov knowing i carry.

that said i think im goin to get a ccw to carry to protect my wife/kid if something happens while out

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Do you think many people who illegally carry a weapon will be willing to admit it here?

When Wisconsin's CCW law goes into effect (November), I'll apply for a license and if I carry, it'll be legally.
No one knows who votes what. (well, maybe the forum owner?)

But why not? I would.

·
To the surface!
8,012 Posts
I generally don't carry concealed. I rarely feel the need to. That said, it makes buying new guns more convenient as in many states it means there is no waiting period, and those few times that I feel the need, or when I need to bring a gun along in a vehicle where there is no place to legally place it out of reach of passengers (such as on a motorcycle), then having a CCW can protect you from being arrested (whether it is justified or not) for carrying.

So yes, I plan on getting one. I used to have one but it expired and I just moved to another state so I would have to get a new one anyway.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
In Maryland to get a ccw, first, apparently I have to own a business or prove that I carry large amounts of money on a regular basis (which I dont). Lesson- you can only use a gun to protect money... not your family.

·
Registered
389 Posts
The risks of not having a CCW versus just getting it are way to great. You are risking felony convictions in most state for carrying and not being permitted which will make finidng a job a PITA, risk losing my current job, and I am not spending time in jail or possible prison time despite what my personal opinions are because no judge is going to agree with me when sentencing me.

If I have to travel I will check the laws of the state I am going into and see if my permit extends or what options I have. I know if I go to Illinois just to not bother carrying any weapon that goes boom. Ohio I have a little more leeway but definitely not carrying my handgun but my shotgun is acceptable.

·
Born to prep
3,731 Posts
In Indiana we do not have a CCW we have a license to carry a handgun that is good for 4 years or lifetime depending on what you pay for. The law is mute in regards to if the firearm has to be concealed or not. And yes i have a lifetime license to carry a handgun. No test, do not have to prove why you need it and they do not ask.

·
Registered
389 Posts
In Indiana we do not have a CCW we have a license to carry a handgun that is good for 4 years or lifetime depending on what you pay for. The law is mute in regards to if the firearm has to be concealed or not. And yes i have a lifetime license to carry a handgun. No test, do not have to prove why you need it and they do not ask.
Plus if a place has a no gun zone sticker the best they can do is ask you to leave and if you refuse charge you with tresspassing.

With the exception of the few places where are truly no gun zones.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts