Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
AKA The Dragon
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are the LED lamps and LED flash lights I have.

Pics 1 -5 are two commercial types I have purchased over the last 6 months.
They have two brightness settings, the larger one uses 4 x aa Alk. or rechargeables and the smaller one uses 4 x aaa Alk. or rechargeable batteries.

Pics 6 and 7 were lamps I purchased from a discount store for about $4.
they had the old filament screw base type bulb. So I purchased some bright wide angle LEDs and converted the lamps to LED, three LEDS at approx 120 degrees apart with a 100 Ohm resistor.
This one uses 4 x aa Alk. or rechargeable batteries.

Pics 8 -10 is the LED flash light and holster which can be attached to your belt or shoulder harness. It is very bright and has quite a wide beam of light, can see objects at about 15 feet. It uses 3 x aaa Alk. or rechargeable batteries.
In a long term survival situation, batteries are going to be a problem. So highly efficient battery powered items are essential.
Also consider this, where this is a fire danger from an oil lamp or candle being knocked over or igniting highly flammable materials such as gas or fuel fumes, lead acid battery fumes, ammunition and tents, LEDs are a safe alternative.
I mentioned tents, as the material in most if not all of them are highly inflammable to a naked flame with next to no time to extinguish or escape from them. It is like napalm.

Attachments

·
Banned
27,824 Posts
Cool little demo and details.

I really like the led flash lights myself over standard flash lights since they are much brighter over all. Some of the colored tints of the leds make odd looing light at night offsets things in the woods to a funny color. But my choose leds over standared flash lights.

The price for the good leds tend to suck at most stores, I have found the best deals on tem on ebay so far.

Later,
Wes

·
Backpacker I Adventurer
1,031 Posts
I love LED flashlights. I carry a special forces LED I got (very bright and small), as well an LED headlamp. The headlamp being perfect for reading a map or book at night, or hiking a trail while still dark out.

·
AKA The Dragon
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Led headlamps are excellent for when you need both hands free. Have used these extensively in the bush, no probs at all.

·
AKA The Dragon
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes survivalbooks,
I bought my LEDs on ebay too, much more economical compared to the local retailers.

·
Backpacker I Adventurer
1,031 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.