Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Little do people know, Leatherman has the best customer service out there. You damage the tool in any way by any means and Leatherman will replace it for free.

Example: While riding my bike one day I found a beaten Leatherman on the side of the road, this thing was beat, and probably run over a few times too. Shipped it off to Leatherman, bran new tool a week later no questions asked.

Have done this with three leathermans so far and even had one upgraded for free because of my profession.

Cant beat that in my book.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I totally agree - Leatherman customer service is great. I've sent several in for repairs - thought they would make the repairs - Nope ! They send brand new replacements...several times upgrading with new version of model.

·
Certified Organic Grower
4,969 Posts
It's such a good feeling to know a company is not afraid to stand behind their product.
Got a supertool 300 and use it daily...nice to know I can get it replaced if it fails.

·
Garbage Collector
11,363 Posts
I've had the same original Super Tool for 22-23 years, it has survived my military career- multiple deployments, training schools, combat deployments.
I broke a blade prying on something in Iraq, when I got home I sent it to them and they fixed it no questions asked.

I use it for everything, it's been in my pocket or on my gear everyday for the entire time I have had it. It is one of the must have essential tools for me

·
Registered
184 Posts
i plan on buying my leather man super tool 300 this friday! my buddy has turned me on to it, i carry a cheepo stanless steel one it has served its purpose for 10 years and im finally breaking down to get one, because a multi tool is always in my daily use's.

i really like the part that the snips with actually cut wire and other stuff.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I am poor. I do not own a leatherman.
There are plenty of inexpensive leathermans out there that are around the $30 mark.

This warranty is something the Gerber fanboys like to overlook all the time. Its a warranty you wish every company had. 25 years, no questions asked. Of course it would be better if it was Esee's lifetime of you or the company no questions asked warranty lol.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Does anybody own or used the Leatherman Charge? I currently have a simple Freestyle and would like to upgrade. What I like about the Charge is that it has all the tools I would like, and it has a pocket clip. I read a lot of good reviews on it, just wondering if anyone here has tried it. Amazon has it at a pretty good price too.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I found great pricing from Nalpak.com I got a Crunch and model 300 including shipping $129.00 I already had a Surge,Wave,Skelton but the Crunch and model 300 are freakin awsome expecially at those prices. Most places around sell the Crunch for $100.00 by itself. Also the new nylon sheaths have more pockets and acommadate extras. In my Crunch sheath I've added 2 sets of different leatherman bits, a jig saw blade,1/4" fire steel, and a pocket knife style set of lock picks, then on the side of the sheath it has elastic holders and I've added a small light.

·
Banned
3,889 Posts
Does anybody own or used the Leatherman Charge? I currently have a simple Freestyle and would like to upgrade. What I like about the Charge is that it has all the tools I would like, and it has a pocket clip. I read a lot of good reviews on it, just wondering if anyone here has tried it. Amazon has it at a pretty good price too.
It's a great tool.

There are good reviews on Youtube, and I believe the Charge AL is the most practical model between the AL, ALX, TTi.

I own the Charge TTi.

The only criticism I have is that darn cap crimper on the plier head. I find it unnecessary since I'm not crimping explosives blasting caps in my daily life.

The S30V blade is great, Leatherman puts a good heat treat on it. However the 154CM steel of the AL is great in its own way (easier to sharpen). The gut hook is another great feature of the TTi, which I find very useful.

Appearance matters too. I like the look of the TTi, and the AL model I put my hands on in store was broken at the pivot screw, so that also influenced decision.

good luck.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts