Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Resident Gun Nut
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a Leatherman Wave combo pack that came with a Monarch 400 45 Lumen flashlight and a holster for them. Just $25 for BOTH at Academy Sports & Outdoors. Good prep item or for hiking etc. Get yours while they're still on sale -- Cheapest I found online for just the Monarch is $30 so it's a great deal.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Wow a Leatherman Wave is normally $50-$60, that's an amazing deal! Hope they still have it towards the end of this month when I can get to Academy lol.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
That is an exceptional deal....the monarch is a good light as well. For its size it puts out some good light. You did good.

·
Resident Gun Nut
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Whoops! I mean FUSE! Didn't mean Wave, I meant FUSE!!! There's no link available - it's in-store only.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Leatherman won me as a customer for life honoring the 25 year guarantee on my Super Tool. The new models are light weight and pretty functional, I guess more on par with the Gerber offerings, good for EDC. I still like the Supertool all around even though it's heavy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just bought it today, but found it to be a leatherman FUSE, not a leatherman WAVE. Still a very good buy and it is an LED flashlight at that.

The Academy in Pensacola still has 20 or so fo them. The package has a christmas bow on it, it looks like it was a holdover from the holidays.

Thanks for the tip on them being on sale.:)

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I got a kick at Fleetfarm for $20. Added a LED high lumen little flashlight to the side slot(girlfriend gave to me for free after she got one in a tradeshow). Added a $3 magnesium striker to the behind the leatherman compartment. Added a small plastic cylinder to the other side slot filled with 20ft 8lb test, couple sinkers, couple hooks,and topped off with lint. That was a everyday carry.

Now I have the wave so ordered the bits and extension. Ordered the large molle sheath. Plan on adding a Preon 2, buying a smaller striker rod for my keyring. This will leave me a side slot for a larger plastic cylinder and more survival junk. In my issue Peak Mac "camelback type" backpack I carry two four in one Craftsman ratchet wrenches and a Visegrips. Thats my everyday tool carry on the jobsites. I can cobble just about anything with these. The leatherman idea I stole from wranglerstar on Youtube and improved on it for my situation. Even though I'm most of time only a few hundred feet from the toolbox these tools save alot of time on small fixes.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I'm a big fan of the Leatherman Blast, but for that price, it's a hard deal to beat. My father lives in the area, so I'm going to have to send him to Pensacola to pick up a couple of sets.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Lol well that makes a HUGE difference...but the Fuse is still a decent bargin multitool. Not a bad deal, but not a $25 wave lol. Love my leathermans.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts