Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Maximus
12,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I did not want to shell out 40$ for a leather Rifle Sling. So I used a leather belt!

I purchased this 100% leather belt from Goodwill for $2.99 Ralph Lauren also :D:

Materials:
1) Leather Belt
2) 2- Chicago screws (leather shop or ebay 25 for about $3)
3) 2- Uncle Mike's swivels

Optional 3) Leather punch

Step 1: Remove the buckle

Step 3: Place swivel in loop and punch hole

Step 4: Screw it down

Step 5: Place swivel on tag end

Full Sling:

EDIT- More info: Just saw online that someone did this before also. Basically the exact same process. I actually like his design for an adjustable strap!
http://www.instructables.com/id/Reused-Belt-Gun-Sling/

·
Registered
10 Posts
I used a strap from a camera bag on my 10/22. But the one i like the best was a rifle sling i made out of 60 feet of paracord. I just used a snake weave pattern.

·
Suburban Cowboy
410 Posts
Great post! I've done this sort of thing before, and it works great! I like the idea of cutting the belt in the middle for the 2 ends and leaving the buckle for adjustment.

My favorite sling is the one on my M44 scout, which uses a single 100 foot piece of paracord.

·
Maximus
12,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great post! I've done this sort of thing before, and it works great! I like the idea of cutting the belt in the middle for the 2 ends and leaving the buckle for adjustment....
Yea I actually really like that design leaving the buckle in the middle also. I am probably going to do it that way next time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts