Survivalist Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Humble Coffee Maker
2,190 Posts
I have had Harry Savage make me two sheaths, both for my Busse Team Gemini Light Brigades. I am waiting on the second one, which was shipped, and I only placed my order a week ago. The first sheath was great quality, no problems with it at all and it has held up to steady outdoor
use. If your looking for a nice leather sheath and not get raped for $100+ dollars like some of the other leather makes than send Harry an email. He has a great rep and I hated to see him run down by this guy especially if what Harry said about steering him the other way is true.

·
Man Whore.
780 Posts
I just recieved a new sheath from Harry Savage of savage made sheaths. I must say his prices are basement bargain. You totally get what you payed for!
When i recieved the sheath i was very dissappointed.
He used thin leather. Rivets are cheap and poorly set. The sheath is crocked. He obviousely is unaware of the use of a straight edge to aid in cutting. He also cannot cut a 90 degree to save his life!
I have had boy scouts make better while earning their leather working merit badges!
If quality and appearance are less inportant than cheap price, this is your guy.
You will get what you pay for with harry!
I was emailed a link to this post by a friend who at my suggestion cheked out Savage made sheaths. I had one made for a Scrapmuk I got. The knife doesn't get any belt use, but rides in my woods bag. My experience with the maker was good. I would and plan on buying from him again. Seeing that this post was back 2012 maybe it was a new guy mistake or bad oe whatever and maybe the maker may have changed his ways, dunno but I'll buy from him again. I'll get pics up tommrow.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I work construction by trade but i am a leather smith and stone smith as hobbies. I make many of my own leather sheaths as well as hand tool them too. I also make different leather things like holsters, slings, belts, armor, etc but knife sheaths are one of my favorite.

I just joined, but when i get a chance i will make sure to get some pics and share them here.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts