Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11,510 Posts
It's the typical Cali based Media BS...

They aren't POISONED, they have "eleveted levels", which is MEANINGLESS until we know the level they consider normal in that area, and what the threshold is for "elevated", and what that means compared to the levels used in REAL places, where they aren't rabidly stupid about things like this.:rolleyes:

"More than 17 percent of small children tested here have shown elevated levels of lead in their blood, according to previously undisclosed L.A. County health data."

On the other hand...rampant lead poisoning in California would go a long way to explain their lack of reasoning and logic in the political arena.

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
There are pipes running under that city over 100 years old (which are bursting and causing all sorts of problems, but that's another story). They choose to spend their money on illegals and programs for the "needy". If anything it's their own damn fault.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
589 Posts
There are pipes running under that city over 100 years old (which are bursting and causing all sorts of problems, but that's another story). They choose to spend their money on illegals and programs for the "needy". If anything it's their own damn fault.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
In the 70s, I worked for a large utility in the Bay Area. There'd be a main break or maintenance done and they'd haul old pipes back to the yard, and when things were slow they'd sent us out to take them apart. Might be a 12" goin' into a valve or T, and we'd grab a torch and "burn" or melt the lead seal out 'til we got down to the asbestos packing, then pull that out, too. That's just how they built those systems. Once a year guys would get a blood draw to see if they'd inhaled too many lead fumes. Most of my first 18 years were spent drinkin' water from that system and I'm pushin' 70. Maybe they just like to keep bringin' up "crisis" after "crisis" so the pols can "rescue" us. Just keep throwin' money at problems that may or may not be that bad.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
How come the great generation that grew up at the height of lead poisoning Could do so much good and have far better common sense than todays kids? I have to believe that their lead levels were probably off the charts.
Imho IF THE SJW SNOWFLAKES keep it up i can see their lead levels rising to very dangerous levels in the future:upsidedown:

·
FBHO
1,279 Posts
funny, as a kid I grew up poor on Chicago's south side. 100 year old house, mid 70's Nova that had a leaky exhaust, and a hole in the rear floor board where I sat which ran on Leaded Gasoline, I spent hours as a child staring out a screen window overlooking busy 35th street, surrounded by old brown oil based paint that was chipping and dusty. breathing all of that in. My grandpa in Arizona had gallons of old paint we used to paint a tin barn, then for 10-15 years I worked in factories, one loaded with smoke from a tube mill welder, and another at a weld shop.
OH THE HORROR. I'm fine.

I'm now an enviro sci major. ( I'm headed to the independent consulting side of things, not the tree chaining to hippy, turned beurocrat EPA side.)

They speak of these lead issues like it's the devil incarnate. I think it's mostly bull crud.

The bigger worries are your estrogen mimickers. bpa and Prozac in the water supply, maybe some PCBs left over from Monsanto, GE, or leaking out of transformers right now.

·
This space for rent
305 Posts
funny, as a kid I grew up poor on Chicago's south side. 100 year old house, mid 70's Nova that had a leaky exhaust, and a hole in the rear floor board where I sat which ran on Leaded Gasoline, I spent hours as a child staring out a screen window overlooking busy 35th street, surrounded by old brown oil based paint that was chipping and dusty. breathing all of that in. My grandpa in Arizona had gallons of old paint we used to paint a tin barn, then for 10-15 years I worked in factories, one loaded with smoke from a tube mill welder, and another at a weld shop.
OH THE HORROR. I'm fine.
They speak of these lead issues like it's the devil incarnate. I think it's mostly bull crud.
It's sort of like smoking - it's not a guarantee you'll get sick, but the odds go up a lot. At least according to medical experts who know more about the stuff than i do.

They aren't POISONED, they have "eleveted levels", which is MEANINGLESS until we know the level they consider normal in that area, and what the threshold is for "elevated"...
The article says they use the CDC's threshold, which is 5 micrograms per deciliter of blood.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
As a lab/industrial worker that has extensive contact with lead in his work.

Lead IS bad for you.

The question is not how well you feel now despite exposure as a child, the question how good you could have been without that exposure.

Effects of upto 10 IQ points have been measured in children growing up, depending on exposure.

·
Ephemerally here
6,875 Posts
I have lead shrapnel in my face, and in one of my legs, since age 20 something. I have cast lead bullets since 1966. I shoot often. I soldered components on and off circuit boards as part of a life-long interest in Electronics, Ham Radio, etc. Now approaching 66. You might be right! I could have had a 170 IQ! I really can't run and jump nor work like I did when I was in My 20s!!!

·
FBHO
1,279 Posts
in response to "what could you have been?!!"

I took an IQ test administered by a psychologist following a DUI at 19. ( drinking under 21 :/) I took that thing after smoking a little pot in the bathroom of the hospital and partying the weekend before. ya know at 19 you go yo rehab its " Party it up first!"

I got a 127. 80 is average for people today and "retard level" 106 I think are the avg Asian..

OMG I coulda gone on to Mensa, stoned!

Something tells me that I've killed alot more brain cells the last 20 years with booze than the lead ever did.

What do I know, I've had lead exposure.:eek:

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
in response to "what could you have been?!!"

I took an IQ test administered by a psychologist following a DUI at 19. ( drinking under 21 :/) I took that thing after smoking a little pot in the bathroom of the hospital and partying the weekend before. ya know at 19 you go yo rehab its " Party it up first!"

I got a 127. 80 is average for people today and "retard level" 106 I think are the avg Asian..

OMG I coulda gone on to Mensa, stoned!

Something tells me that I've killed alot more brain cells the last 20 years with booze than the lead ever did.

What do I know, I've had lead exposure.:eek:
The effects for any specific individual are not easily predictable because of genetic variance and other habits that can affect the problem and specific exposure.

Across populations that averages out however and in houses with leadpaint and leadpipes it was ~6 IQ points lower. That is a huge oppertunity cost across a whole population.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts