Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Sweat more, bleed less!
3,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard on the news this morning that scientists have found that there is a substantial amount of contamination, as much as 18'' from the exit wound on deer. Rifle hunters beware!

just thought i'd give a heads up. I havent realy done any reaserch on it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Some time ago this came up on Cam&Company NRA radio. A study found that there was lead found in venison provided to homeless shelters and the venison was destroyed. The lead was from the bullets used to kill the dear. REAL scientists said that the type of lead found in ammunition cannot be absorbed by the body when comsumed.

At least thats what I can remember from the story.

·
Scarred for life...
3,295 Posts
I heard on the news this morning that scientists have found that there is a substantial amount of contamination, as much as 18'' from the exit wound on deer. Rifle hunters beware!

You need to learn to read between the lines.

This is the first of many salvos in favor of gun control. It has nothing to do with safety or anything like that, it is about banning 99.999% of the ammo out there because of something we have been dealing with for 400 years.

·
Registered
806 Posts
First off - discard the bloodshot messed up areas of the game animals. Don't just run everything through the grinder.
Second - adults are not nearly as lead sensative as kids
Third - metallic lead of appreciable size will be excreted before it dissolves
Fouth - the most dangerous forms of lead are those easily absorbed , organometallics like tetraethyl lead, and lead fumes you breath in.
Fifth - hunters have been eating birds killed with lead shot for about 300 years, without documented problems.

Condors have a much more acidic stomach than humans, and purposely eat hard grit like bullet parts in the gut piles. Impact in that species could be possible. Humans though tend to spit out any pellets or bullet parts that they find.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Countryboy is right, this is another plan by the anti gunners/anti hunters to ban all hunting. If they cannot ban guns then they attack lead. If they can show a health hazzard they can get their way in the name of health.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Maybe they could warn us about the Fluoride in the same water we drink when we eat that deer.:rolleyes:

·
Banned
1,533 Posts

For those that know what happens to a bullet when it does its job can see this is BS .

18" after the exit , is nothing but AIR or a tree , or a bush ................:xeye:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts