Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this manual in my travels. Thought some of you might like to check it out. It's a very nice prep manual.

It was prepared by a member of The Latter Day Saints. I am not a member or affiliated with them in any way. If you don't like religious material, just skip the first 15 pages. The rest is a very good manual.

The author is a fellow named Christopher Parrett. I checked his bio from a web site he has and he has a very impressive background.

http://www.abysmal.com/LDS/Preparedness/Preparedness.pdf

I'm learning much from it. I hope many of you can also.
Rick

·
Bleach blonde on fire :p
6,173 Posts
:thumb: Have it, read it:D: Gives alot of info, even if you are not a member of the church you can go to the Cannery and pack your own food and it's super cheap. I am a regular at the local cannery. I am Baptist and they welcome me in and share just as they would there own, they have a lot of info to give.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Thanks oldfart :)

I wish my church was more active in end times preparedness. Check Youtube for some excellent vids put on by LDS church members, there are a couple that are simply walk-thru's of different members pantries.

·
Registered
35 Posts
one of the best parts is page 28 where it gives a week by week purchase list to finish a year supply in a year. of course you can do it quicker by doubling up purchases.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I started out using the LDS as a guideline for what to plant and how to preserve/store
food. It's an invaluable resource. They have had LOTS of practice. Great link!

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
The Mormons are taught to provide for their family and to save up a years food. They have some very good info on preparing. An no, I'm not that denomination.

·
Renegade Vegan
175 Posts
Thanks! I have read this before, but it has been a couple of years. 400 pounds of grain per person per year, now that is an eye opener.:eek:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts