Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Don't be dumb
7,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I did some research and found a cannery about 30 minutes from my house. I've tried calling but they aren't open when I called so I didn't get a chance to ask them any questions. I'm looking to get a 12 month supply of emergency food stocked up as a last resort backup to canning and buying bulk foods on the cheap.

Do you know what the 25lb bulk containers are that they list on their order form? I'm assuming they are something sealed like mylar.

What has been your experience at an LDS cannery? Is this the right place to achieve my goal?

·
Registered
170 Posts
The cannery is great. Don't know what bulk you are talking about. Just remember that the cannery is not a store. everything is sold at cost and letting you buy from them is a service of the church. please consider volunteering you time there first, before asking to buy from them.

·
My Temperature is Right
5,578 Posts
They are 25lb bags of product for canning. You can buy bags of product for home consumption or canning at home. The LDS cannery only provides #10 cans and 1 gallon mylar pouches of storage food.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts