Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
High-Strung
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If any of you have bought the LDS canned powdered milk, how does it taste compared to say....Carnation powdered milk?

I have heard a couple of people say it doesn't taste very good. I like to use the powdered milk to suppliment the milk I buy by the gallon at the store. I wait until I have about 1/2 a gallon left and mix it with the powdered mixture to stretch it out. Carnation tastes fine that way and my family can't tell what I have done...I do this in secret. :thumb:

So, if anyone here has tasted the LDS milk please advise me on purchasing it.

Thank you

·
Free Mason
1,100 Posts
LDS milk and Carnation milk are not the same. LDS milk is non instant, Carnation is instant. I purchased LDS milk to use in baking. I have instant to drink.

Why do you add instant to stretch your milk. Instant milk is more expensive. DW and I use instant milk because we can mix a quart at a time.

·
High-Strung
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for giving me that link. I think I am going to stay away from morning Moo and just stick to the store brand or Carnation.

Also I thought I was saving money by using the powder milk to suppliment, but I guess I was wrong on that one.

Honestly other than making hot cocoa mix, this was the only other thing I used the milk in. I tried using it for baking, but I could definitely taste a difference and it wasn't a good taste.:(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.